E.J. Hayes Weekly Newsletter
November 19, 2021
Note from the Principal's Desk
Greetings Parents and Stakeholders,
This is a great week to think about all that we are thankful for. Thank you so much for working closely with the school and supporting the teachers and staff as we work to improve students socially, emotionally, and academically. This is a short week and we want students be on their best behavior. Please remember to talk to your children if they ride buses. Students need to keep masks on and stay in their seats at all times while on the bus. Thank you to the students as well for the excellent behavior while we had our lock down drill last week. Once again, thank you for choosing E.J. Hayes: Where relationships foster learning!
- November 22 - Report cards go home for students
- November 24-26 - Thanksgiving - No school for students or staff
- December 14 - PTA Meeting and choral concert
- December 17 - Early Release Day for Students
- December 20 - No School for students and 10 month employees
- December 21-31 - Winter Break (No School for students and staff)
- January 3 - Optional Teacher Work Day (No school for students)
Students who made their AR goal for the 2nd Six Weeks
The FCC's Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) is a $7.17 billion program that will help schools and libraries provide the tools and services their communities need for remote learning during the COVID-19 emergency period.
- The family does not have reasonable access to the Internet. (No Internet in the home - or - Less than 10 megabytes per second)
Please complete the survey below. Your school will contact you if you qualify for the program.
***** If you have more than one school-aged child in your household, please complete a survey for each student. *****
Lunch Menu for next week--- Lunches are subject to change due to supply chain issues
11-22- Monday: poptart, pizza, salad, chick peas fruit
11-23 - Tuesday: turkey, gravy, stuffing,yams, fruit
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Students received a piece of paper with this information on it yesterday. Please check your child's folders.
There are two ways to access your child's information in PowerSchool. In addition to these instructions, you will need the letter from your child's school/teacher that contains the access IDs and passwords.
The First Way (This is the quickest and easiest way.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Enter the Student Access ID and Student Access Password into the Parent Sign In fields
(Yes, it will work!)
3. Make sure to enter the Student Access Password in ALL CAPS
4. This should take you right in to your child's information
The Second Way (This way allows the parent to receive periodic email updates.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Click on the Create Account tab
3. Click the blue Create Account button
4. On the Create Parent Account page, at the top, enter the parent's first and last name,
email address, desired username, and password (twice). Make sure to follow the password parameters in order for your password and account to be created
5. In the link to Student Account section under the number 1, enter your first student's
name, PARENT access ID and PARENT access password. Then, in the dropdown, select the choice that best represents your relationship to the student.
6. If you have multiple children, you can enter their information under numbers (2 through 7). By adding all of your children to one account, you can access all of your children using one username and password.
7. After you have entered all of the required information, click on the Enter button.
8. If you were successful, you will get a message saying "Congratulations! Your new Parent
Account has been created. Enter your Username and password to start using your new account." Then use your new username and password to sign into your parent account.
9. If you were unsuccessful, you will get a message saying you are missing some required
information. Correct what is missing or incorrect and Enter again.
10. Please Note: You can only use your email address one time to setup an account. If your
email address has already been used and is attached to an existing account, your account creation will be unsuccessful and you will have to use another email address.