Fifth Grade Newsletter
March 21, 2019
STAAR Testing Information
April 9th - 5th Grade Math
April 10th - 5th Grade Reading
Our campus will be closed to visitors on April 9th and 10th due to STAAR testing. There will be no parent lunches on these days. If at all possible, try not to schedule any appointments on those days. If needed, students who are absent on those days will be given the opportunity to make up the missed tests.
This test is very important, and it is important that all students be in attendance on test days. There are several things that you can do to help your child be successful on this test.
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before the test.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast the morning of the test.
- Have your child arrive at school on time that morning so he/she does not feel rushed.
- Do not schedule any appointments for your child on April 9th or 10th.
- Finally, send your child to school that day with a hug and words of encouragement.
spring photo information
- Spring Photos Are Here!
- Information about purchasing the entire photo package or individual sheets is located inside the portrait package
- Please return the payment for the photos or return the photos you do not wish to purchase to your child's teacher by Thursday, March 28th
- Please make checks payable to Lifetouch
- You can also pay at www.mylifetouch.com (look for the access code on your child's photos)
Math - Measurement Conversion
Science - Adaptations
Reading - Using Strategies to analyze texts
Social Studies - Free Enterprise/Supply and DemandWriting - Literary Responses
March 25- Spirit Night at Cane's and Student Council Meeting for Class Reps 2:55-3:45
March 28-Report Cards go home
April 6 - Spring Carnival 3:30-8
April 9-10 - STAAR Testing
April 19-No School (Bad Weather Make-Up day)
April 22- No School-Bad Weather Make-Up Day