October 17, 2014
Saturday, October 18
- X Country Meet- Sage Park, Berlin 7:15 AM to 12:45 PM
- KP Marching Band to Park Road Parade 9:15 AM to 11:00 AM
Tuesday, October 21st
- If you love to read, and love to talk about what you read, join the KP Book Club. We’ll be meeting once a month to discuss some great books, and sometimes even talk with the authors. If you’re interested, see either Mrs. Wallace (room M209) or Mrs. DeMello (Library) to get a copy of our first book. First Meeting will be Tuesday, October 21 in the Library after school. See you there.
Tuesday, October 28th
- Picture Retake/Group Photos
Friday, October 31st
- 6th Grade Masquerade Social
KP's is ready for a chain reaction of Kidndess
Yesterday, after the Rachel Challenge Assembly a number of students took her challenge to start a Chain Reaction. Below are the five points to her challenge.
1. Look for the Best in Others
2. Dream Big
3. Choose Positive Influences
4. Speak with Kindness
5. Start Your Own Chain Reaction
We cannot wait to see how students will "choose kind" at KP and beyond.
KP's True Equality Club Promoted Ally Week
October 13-17 is recognized as ALLY Week in many schools across the country. It is a week to bring awareness that many students are being harassed or bullied based on their gender expression, being part of the LGBTQ community, or being perceived as a part of the LGBTQ community.
An ALLY is someone who does not identify as LGBTQ and wants to stand against harassment and bullying. Allies want to be a friend to all students.
Our hope is to create a safe and welcoming school environment for all students.
KP School Wide Spirit Days - How much spirit do you have? Show us on KP Spirit Days!
Healthy Lunch and Snack Reminder
We believe that healthy bodies lead to healthy minds. We are asking for your support in helping us by making sure your child is packing healthy lunch. If your family decides to include a treat, we ask that students enjoy it themselves and refrain from bringing in treats (cookies, chips, and candy) to share with other students. Thank you so much.
We Want our Students Involved After School!
- All activity participation requires the $25 activity fee. Please call our office if you have questions or need assistance.
King Philip Middle School PTO is excited to be partnering with FUN PASTA FUNDRAISING!
Shop now and order creative pasta shapes for just about every holiday imaginable, plus sports, dancing, music, cats, dogs, horses, pirates, princesses, running, money, jogging, gymnastics, snowmen, patriotic, pink ribbon AND SO MUCH MORE...even peace, love and girls night out pastas! There are so many fun and festive choices..even Uconn pasta and other major colleges! Who knew you could do so much with a noodle! There is even Gluten Free Pasta!
With each sale, King Philip Middle School PTO earns 40% so get shopping and start cooking your way to a festive meal! Your order is shipped directly to you within 3-5 days after ordering.
Simply click on the link below and get starting with shopping for FUN PASTA!!
KP Parent/Guardian Fall Book Study
The first session will focus on chapters 1-4 and the second session will focus on chapters 5-8. The book study will be in held in the Library at 7pm on Tuesday, November 18th and on Thursday, December 11th in the Library at 7pm.
You can purchase it at all major book stores or download it as a pdf document from her website here by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. If you do not read the book, you are still invited to join us and participate in the discussions. Your valued input is needed.
If you have any questions, please contact Joy Wright @ Joy_Wright@whps.org or 860-233-8230.
IN THE COMMUNITY
- CPSC has just announced a new carbon monoxide poster contest for middle school students. http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Safety-Education/CO-Contest-2014/ The contest started on Monday, July 14 and goes through February 2015. Finalists get $500 each and the grand prize winner gets an additional $1,000.