East Side Press Family Newsletter
October 25, 2020
Senior Cap and Gown Orders
Dear Senior Parents and Class of 2021
It's Senior Week at Wauwatosa East High School!
Here at Jostens we want to help you celebrate the important moments that matter.
Your student will be receiving a packet of graduation information at school. Please make sure that this information is brought home for your inspection. Graduation orders should be brought back to school by your senior on Tuesday, Nov. 3rd or Thursday, Nov. 5th. An $80 deposit, or payment in full is needed to place your order. Extra order packets are in the high school office.
Packets are available in the Raider Room and outside the main office. This information was shared last week with senior students and families. There are also videos attached to that communication.
MAKE UP PICTURE DAYS
- Monday, October 26th: Cohort A: 11:00-1:30: North Hallway
- Thursday, October 29th: Cohort B: 11:00-1:30: North Hallway
*Remote learners can attend either session
If you are interested in purchasing school pictures, please visit this website.
Tosa Connected Students: We want you represented in the yearbook too! Please submit pictures of you doing your school work, Zooming, what your work space looks like; anything TC related! Send those pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any questions to yearbook advisor, Jen Dono: email@example.com; Phone: 414-773-224.
Recent Civil Unrest
The recent civil unrest in the Wauwatosa community has a real impact on all of us. Unfortunately, civil unrest is a complicated issue to discuss among adults and even more so with children. It is highly likely that students will have opinions about the events that have taken place and continue to unfold in our community. The Wauwatosa School District is committed to proactively providing resources, encouraging collaboration, practicing empathy and acknowledging that learning may be challenging for the near future.
Please know that our teachers will continue checking in with students and our student services team is available to our students who need to process their feelings.
As a reminder, the Wauwatosa School District is proud to offer the Student and Family Assistance Program (SFAP) through Aurora Healthcare at no charge to all Wauwatosa School District students and families residing in the same household. For more information please access the flyer in the link below.
Reminder-School Building CLOSED On Wednesdays
- Needing a little support with your Wauwatosa Virtual Academy (WVA) courses? Check out this resource sheet.
- Don't forget that our Academic Resource Center (ARC) staff is available to provide support. Please check out their schedule here.
- If you are unable to attend your live virtual class, please make sure that you call the East attendance line (414-773-2002) to report the absence.
Interested in joining a club? Contact an advisor today!
Black Student Union (BSU)
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Ms. Alizah Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Olson: email@example.com
- Ms. Dono: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gay Straight Alliance (GSA)
- Mr. Etter: email@example.com
The Cardinal News (School Newspaper)
- Mr. Kolpin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Dederich: email@example.com
International Friendship Club
- Ms. Schmidt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tosa East Players
- Ms. Jaskulski: email@example.com
- Ms. Ann Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. White: email@example.com
- Mr. Kolpin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Services Team
Mrs. Bratcher - School Counselor
Mrs. Carter - School Counselor
Mr. Linscott - School Counselor
Ms. Merg - School Counselor
Ms. Phillips - School Social Worker
Ms. Schmidt - School Counselor Intern
Mrs. Sommers - Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Taylor - Career Center Coordinator
*Please click the button below to see what is happening in our TE Student Services Department.
Reducing Eye Strain
Eye strain can be a problem when students are learning from a screen for extended periods of time. It can also be a concern for students recovering from concussions or other head trauma. The following tools may not eliminate eye strain, but they can often help.
- Screen Shader: Use this Chrome extension to tint your screen and ease eye strain.
- Visor: This is both a screen dimmer and reading aid that can help guide reading by highlighting one line at a time on the screen.
Ms. Sarrah Oliver
Wondering where to direct your question(s)?
Tosa East Administrative Team
Principal: Nick Hughes
- email@example.com; (414)773-2010
Associate Principal: Betsy McGinnity (oversees alphabet with last names A-K)
- firstname.lastname@example.org; (414)773-2011
Associate Principal: Jordan Stein (oversees alphabet with last names L-Z)
- email@example.com; (414)773-2012
Additional Staff Resources
Athletic Director: Michelle Guyant-Holloway
- firstname.lastname@example.org; (414)773-2014
Student Services (transcripts, address changes, etc.): Terry Sommers
- (414)773-2030; email@example.com
Attendance: Janice Morgan
Infinte Campus Parent Portal Access: Amy Wilson
- firstname.lastname@example.org ; (414)773-2005
School Fees (including athletic fees and enrollment fees): Sue Flatley
- email@example.com; (414)773-2030
Our Tosa East Main Office is open Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday from 7:00am-4:00pm.
- Main phone line: (414) 773-2000