During Guided Math Instruction Virtual Workshop
July 27, 2018 / 9:30am -12:30pm
Tackle Word Problems
Interactive Online Seminar
Benefits of Attending
- Learn the success criteria for solving word problems.
- Teach students the text structures of word problems.
- Learn the 12 types of addition and subtraction problems.
- Learn the 9 types of multiplication and division problems.
- Learn how to set students up to solve problems as a team.
- Have students use accountable talk to explain their reasoning.
- Explore 8 problem solving strategies using developmentally appropriate problems.
- Incorporate student interests into the problems they solve.
- Ensure that math instruction always includes problem solving.
- Develop mathematical mindsets to keep your students seeking to solve more problems.
Meet the Presenters!
Kelly Harmon is a national presenter & author who has more than 26 years of experience working with at-risk students. She presents on a wide range of topics including strategies for at-risk learners, guided reading and math Instruction, RTI, technology integration, reading, writing, and instructional strategies highly effective teachers use to increase student achievement. Ms. Harmon works as an instructional coach for schools and districts across the United States. In addition to consulting, she also works with the Bureau of Education and Research, as well as Learning Sciences International, Marzano Center.
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in Title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Mrs. Anderson studied early childhood education and English as a Second Language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for all students.
July 27, 2018 / 9:30am - 12:30pm / Online
$99 per participant
Contact us for early bird and group discounts!
Early Bird Discount in offered through May 25th, 2018.
3 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Awarded
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link the the training.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email or fax. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 26440 White Eagle Drive San Antonio, TX 78260. Checks must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Math Problem Solving Online Seminar
Friday, July 27th, 9:30am
This is an online event.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Can't Make the Training?
Kelly Harmon's Book
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them