Sexton Mountain Newsletter
Early Release Time
School wide Celebration for February was 80s day!
You may have heard on the news that there is a Measles outbreak in Clark County. More information is included in the District Fact sheet on Measles.
We are providing you this information for your awareness; if you need additional information about the measles infection or the measles vaccine, you may contact the Washington County Public Health Dept.
Remember, Measles is preventable; doctors recommend that all children get the Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccination and that adults check on their own vaccination records.
Inclement Weather Procedures and Information
School closure or delayed start decisions will typically be communicated to media outlets and posted on the District website, Facebook and Twitter by 5:30 a.m. We encourage families to make transportation and attendance decisions for their child(ren) based on their own assessment of travel conditions at their location.
When all district schools and facilities are closed
- All daytime and evening activities/events on closure days are cancelled.
When there is a 2-hour delay in opening school
- All schools will open two hours later than regularly scheduled.
- The following classes are cancelled:
- AM early intervention
- AM Preschool Classes
- AM Health Careers, Auto Program & Terra Nova Program
- Buses are on snow routes.
- There will be no bus service for Bonny Slope, Nancy Ryles and Sato elementary schools.
- Bus services will not be provided to McKinney-Vento students living outside of the district.
When school is on time and buses are on snow routes
- All schools operate on regular daily schedules.
- There will be no bus service for Bonny Slope, Nancy Ryles and Sato elementary schools
- Terra Nova Program is cancelled all day.
- If the weather forecast calls for declining weather conditions throughout the day, the district will implement snow routes for PM dismissal.
When weather conditions necessitate an early closure of schools
- We encourage you to refer to the BSD website, School Messenger and local media for more detailed information.
- All daytime and evening activities/events are cancelled.
Wednesday – Early Dismissal School Days
- The District will not have a 2-hour delay on Wednesday. The District will maintain a regular Wednesday schedule with Early Release or close schools for the day.
The District will notify parents and staff via SchoolMessenger with a Non-School Hours Emergency message. Please manage your communication preferences in SchoolMessenger InfoCenter.
For the latest inclement weather information:
- Log on to the District website and a light blue message banner will be posted on the top of the main page with the status of District operations.
- Opt-in for SMS Alerts from SchoolMessenger
- Subscribe to Flash Alert for email or text message updates
- Like the Beaverton School District on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
- The Beaverton School District Inclement Weather Policy and transportation snow routes can be found on the Public Safety webpage.
- Subscribe to the District’s RSS Feed
February 13 - First Grade Music Program @ 6:00pm
February 14 - City of Beaverton meeting about traffic concerns @ 6:00 in the Library
February 22 - PTC Talent Show@ 6:15 PM
February 25-28 - Book Fair (see school calendar for times)
February 26 - PTC meeting @ 3:05 in the 5th grade pod
February 27 - Listening Session - BSD Transportation
February 28 - Kindergarten Music Program @ 6:00 PM