The Glacier Bear Connection
SHERROD ELEMENTARY NEWSLETTER VOL 21.5
SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
Free Breakfast/Lunch for all Students
Believe Kids is our ONLY school wide fundraiser! Your student(s) will come home with a catalog from Believe Kids this week. Please take the time to look through the catalog, purchase if you’d like and invite your child(ren) to reach out to family and friends to make purchases and offer their support to Sherrod Elem.
Students who sell even one (1) item will be eligible for a prize.
Thank you for supporting our school!
ORDER DUE DATE SEPTEMBER 25
It's super easy to report an absence through the Synergy PARENTVUE App. When using the app, please be sure to note the reason for absence along with the absent code.
It is super important that EVERY absence is reported. Thank you for helping us maintain accountability for all absences!
Picture Day ID: EVTTQWNV9
VIRTUAL "AT HOME LEARNERS" PICTURE TIME IS FROM 12:30-1:30
ORDER YOUR PICTURES ONLINE
Virtue of the Week
The virtue of the week is CLEANLINESS. Each week classes will select a student of the week who has demonstrated the week's virtue. Those students will be part of the morning show on Fridays.
Cleanliness means washing often, keeping your body clean, and wearing clean clothes. It is putting into your body and your mind only the things that keep you healthy. It is staying free from harmful drugs. It is cleaning up mistakes and making a fresh start.
Student of the Week
Notes from Nurse Dana
Your child need to be kept at home if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- fever/chills cough
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- congestion/runny nose
- sore throat
- new loss of taste or smell
- muscle/joint/body aches
- or fatigue.
Any of these symptoms listed may be symptoms of COVID-19. Please contact your health care provider and follow their guidance; they may want to test your child for COVID-19.
There are certain criteria that must be met before your child can come back to school after having any of these symptoms. Please contact Nurse Dana at 907-761-4103 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the plan for returning to school.
As always, other contagious illnesses or conditions such as conjunctivitis (pink eye) or head lice must be communicated to the school prior to returning.
Thank you for your support!
School Dismissal Manager helps to keep your child safe while quickly communicating important dismissal details for school office staff. Talk with your school office staff today to get signed up.
Mark your calendars
- 9/13: Virtue of the Week: CLEANLINESS
- 9/15: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 9/17: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 9/18: Fall School Pictures
- 9/20: Virtue of the Week: CREATIVITY
- 9/22: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 9/24: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 9/27: Virtue of the Week: ASSERTIVENESS
- 9/29: Tuesday Walking Club Last Name A-J begins 3:45 pm
- 10/1: TENTATIVE Basketball Begins
- 10/1: Thursday Walking Club Last Name K-Z begins at 3:45 pm
- 10/4: Virtue of the Week: UNDERSTANDING
- 10/11: Virtue of the Week: PATIENCE
- 10/14: End of Q1
- 10/15: Great Alaskan Shake Out Earthquake Drill 10:15 am
- 10/18: Virtue of the Week: RESPONSIBILITY
- 10/25: Virtue of the Week: MODERATION
- 10/26-10/30: Red Ribbon Week Spirit Week
- 10/26: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Wear Red Day
- 10/27: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Aloha Day
- 10/28: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Hat Day and/or Sherrod Colors (Blue/White)
- 10/29: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Crazy Hair Day
- 10/30: Red Ribbon Spirit Week: Super Hero Day