1000 Cranes of Hope Project
Project For Mr.Fredricks by Zyaria Redmond
Story Of The Peace Crane
- Inspired by the death of Sadako Sasaki
- Sadako was born in Hiroshima in 1943 and she was two years old when the atomic bomb was dropped on hirosima on August 6 1945
- Sadoka seemed fine until she got into the 6th grade and that was when she caught a cold and developed lumps on her neck and behind her ears.
- In August she was shown a colorful crane and was told that if you fold a thousand of them then you will get better so she began to fold cranes in hopes that she would get better.
- A golden crane was built in her honor in Hiroshima Peace Park.