Resurrection-St. Paul School
Encounter Christ's Presence - Year of the Eucharist
September 5th, 2021
Dear RSPS Families,
Happy Labor Day weekend! I hope you and your family are able to take advantage of the three day weekend and the beautiful weather.
Last week, we jump started the school year with an opening day prayer service focused around our theme, The Year of the Eucharist. Students and staff joined together in the church and were challenged to notice Christ in the ordinary parts of their daily lives and not just through extraordinary acts. The message was that His presence is all around us, even in the simplest, most ordinary ways--we can find him in the beauty of our campus, by saying 'hi' in the hallway, or through a simple smile or wave to a stranger. Our first week ended with a PBIS celebration reminding students that at RSPS, we are Respectful, Smart, Prepared, and Safe. These ordinary acts are a reminder to us all that He is present in everything that we do and say here at RSPS.
As we look ahead, once again, we are asking for the support and partnership of our parents and caregivers. We need you to actively monitor the health of your children and all household members, as well as anyone your child has had contact with. PLEASE do not expose members of the school community to a child who has been exposed to someone who is positive or is being tested for COVID, or who is exhibiting COVID-19, RSV, or Influenza symptoms. You have a critical role to play in preventing exposure and community spread by keeping your child home when sick or if they have in been contact with a family member or someone else who is currently sick.
We must continue to remain vigilant and disciplined to maintain the progress that has been made to stop the spread of COVID-19 and other RSV infections. Our ability to continue providing in-person instruction to your children depends on your cooperation. Thank you for your support and partnership!
Flyers and Forms and Club Announcements
Please complete the following required forms and return to the front office via your child(ren)'s homeroom teacher or by emailing the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Talent Release Form
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Student/Parent Chromebook Agreement
- 2021-2022 Handbook Acknowledgement Form
The Week Ahead 9/6 - 9/10
Monday, September 6th
- Holiday - School closed
Wednesday, September 8th
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Back to School Night for grades 5-8 at RSPS. Please meet in the church. Due to space limitations in the classrooms, we ask only one parent per student attend this event.
Friday, September 10th
- Back to School Social - sponsored by the HSA
- Yay Lunch ordering can begin for the 13th! Orders must be placed by the end of the day Saturday the 11th for the week of the 13th. Enter code FIRSTWEEK50 at checkout.
The Week to Follow 9/13 - 9/17
Wednesday, September 15th
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Back to School Night - Grades 1-4. Due to physical space limitations in classrooms, we ask only one parent per student attend.
Thursday, September 16th
- Individual student pictures. Wear school uniform. No PE uniform this day. If your child(ren) has PE this day, please have them pack or wear tennis shoes this day.
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Room parent meeting
PLEASE NOTE, GRANDPARENTS' DAY HAS BEEN POSTPONED AND TEMPORARILY REMOVED FROM THE CALENDAR. Due to the current COVID situation and for the continued safety of our community, we have taken grandparents' day off the calendar for September and plan to put it back on in the spring.