Family Faith News
Holy Family Parish
Sunday, September 27, 2020
Stay Connected to Holy Family Parish
Staying connected to Holy Family Parish can be challenging when we need to remain physically distant during this pandemic. Below are ways to stay connected to our Parish in safe, social distant ways!
- In honor of St. Francis of Assisi's love of all creatures, Holy Family Parish will have its traditional blessing of the animals on Sunday, October 4 at 3:00PM. Bring your beloved dogs, cats, hamsters, birds, etc. to the parrking lot of Sacred Heart Church for a special blessing.
- Each week, our Sunday 10:00AM Bilingual Mass is broadcasted live on our Facebook page. Find us on Facebook: Holy Family Parish
- Each morning, daily Mass takes place at 7:00AM at St. Ladislaus Church and at 8:00AM at Sacred Heart Church. These Masses allow you to begin your day in solemn prayer and provide opportunity for social distancing.
- Our next Family Faith zoom meeting will be the week of October 18.
Blessing for Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
October 4 at 3:00PM at Sacred Heart Church Parking Lot
Daily and Sunday Masses
Sunday Mass broadcast live on Facebook
October Family Faith Zoom Meeting
Our next Family Faith Zoom Meeting is the week of October 18
Mass Readings for Sunday, September 27: Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
During Jesus' time, the priest and elders thought that they were favored with God and had special privileges that would promote them to go straight to Heaven, while others did not. However, many of these elders and priests did not follow the commandments of the Bible and did not follow the rules that others were expected to follow. In these cases, they acted like the second son, who said he would do what his father asked him to do, but then didn’t do it. They looked like they were righteous, but they really did not love or obey the Lord.
The first son, similar to the corrupt tax collectors and sinners (seen as the worst in society in that time), was more faithful to God because he repent and followed in the right ways. It would have shocked and offended the priests and elders to hear that these people, who they just saw as sinners, would enter the Kingdom of God before them. But Jesus demonstrates that if we believe, recognize our sins, and follow in His ways, we will be` rewarded in Heaven.
We remember that although we are all sinners, it takes God's grace to save us. Once we receive that grace into our lives, we do our best to follow the commands of God, like the first son in our parable. He started off by sinning and not obeying his father, and then he did obey his father. The second son looked like he was going to obey, but didn’t at all. We don’t want to be like that! We don’t want to just look like “good people.” Citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven do what the Bible commands, with the help and grace of God.
Activities for Family
Children: Create a Faith Coupon Book for Your Parents!
Kids! Show your love and appreciation for your family by drawing and creating coupons to give to family members. These coupons can redeem caring, helpful things like:
- a hug
- setting the table,
- leading the evening prayers
- babysitting your little brother or sister
- folding laundry
- reading a story
As Jesus describes to us in the Parable of the Two Sons, it is not only an act of kindness and love to give this gift, but to also fulfill what the coupon offers.
As a family, complete and submit this Family Form by Friday, October 2. This form counts towards attendance and participation in our Family Faith Program.
Uplift Video of the Week!
Caught on Camera!
A home security system captured these sanitation workers doing their job and enjoying every minute! On their Wednesday route through Keansburg, New Jersey, they sing, dance, and record their moves to the song, "Cupid Shuffle!"
Holy Family Parish
- Register online: holyfamilyparishnewbrunswicknj.flocknote.com
- Text holyfamilyforall to 84576 (or 202-765-3441 in Spanish)