Your Weekly Ranch News Round-Up and Important Information
Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en el icono que parece una persona.
Dear Parents and Students,
What a great three days it has been to see our students on campus! WELCOME BACK! There were lots of smiles and laughter as students reconnected with their classmates, teachers, and friends. We had a wonderful assembly in our stadium that brought out the great Mustang Spirit in our staff and students. What a great way to start the year!
From what I have observed, there has been great positive energy on campus, both in and outside of the classrooms. I want to encourage every student to have a positive and successful school year. Aside from following all school rules and teacher guidelines, participating in your learning, and ensuring you have all your learning materials, here are some other reminders that will help:
- Arrive to school by 8:15 AM at the latest to ensure you make it to first period on time.
- For those who get dropped off earlier, the Library will be open at 7:00 AM Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays starting July 25. It will be a place where you can do school work or spend some quiet time as you wait for class to begin. Our Librarian, Mr. Pomatto, will be supervising.
- Masking is strongly encouraged. Our teachers continue to have hand sanitizers for your use. Safety is a priority.
- Please stay home if you are sick. Again, safety is a priority. Inform our attendance office if you will be absent and reach out to your teachers.
- Wear Blue every Friday and participate in all spirit weeks.
- Join an activity or a club.
- Ensure you get to each class on time by planning your trips to the rest room or waiting until a long break, such as lunch, to go.
- And speaking of Lunch…IT IS FREE for ALL students. There is more than enough time to get a lunch for you!
I do have a great ASK for parents and guardians…please fill out the lunch applications available through Infinite Campus. If you qualify for Free and Reduced lunch, students get a big discount on AP test fees, and may even pay reduced SAT testing and college application fees. In addition, because of your help last year, our school became a schoolwide Title I school, which means that all resources through Title I (close to $450,000 for us this year) NOW BENEFIT ALL students. For us it means more materials and the ability to pour resources into realizing our mission of every student thriving in a culture of achievement and a culture of belonging. We are able to offer after school and during school academic and non-academic support to all students such as tutoring, credit recovery, support groups, enrichment activities, and targeted teaching.
Your filling out the lunch applications online will help us maintain these resources. I thank you in advance for your assistance with this important matter.
On another note, FALL SPORTS will be starting soon. Our Arts Programs are gearing up to ensure our students are performance-worthy soon. There is a lot to look forward to this year. We are on our way to Acceleration!
Mary Rose Peralta
GO BIG BLUE!
Congratulations Mustangs!!!! Principal's Honor Roll--Spring Semester 2022
What a completed lunch application means for ORHS students
Textbook Distribution Beginning This Week
Just a reminder that we are currently clearing for fall sports. Any student that plans on participating in sports must be fully cleared before they can begin practicing. Students being cleared for sports must submit the following to the Athletic Director for approval
- SIGNED HARD COPY OF REGISTRATION FORM FROM REGISTER MY ATHLETE (MUST PRINT AND SIGN)
- HARD COPY OR UPLOADED VERSION OF VALID PHYSICAL (MUST BE SIGNED, DATED, AND SAY CLEARED FOR SPORTS)
- HARD COPY OR UPLOADED VERION OF COVID ACKNOWLEDGMENT FORM
**ATHLETES MUST BE CLEARED PRIOR TO THE BEGINNINING OF PRACTICE. THE START DATES FOR FALL SPORTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
FOOTBALL – Saturday, July 30th
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL – Monday, August 1st
BOYS WATER POLO – Monday August 1st
GIRLS FIELD HOCKEY – Saturday, August 6th
BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY – Saturday, August 6th
GIRLS TENNIS – Saturday, August 6th
GIRLS GOLF- Saturday, August 6th
Drama Auditions! August 1 & 2 after school!!
Parking, Pick-up and Drop-off Areas...
Student Parking...(designated in red below) stadium parking lot and gym parking lot.
***Please obey all traffic laws, plan to arrive extra early the first week, and be cautious of all pedestrians.***
Why We Do What We Do
VISIONAll students will graduate with the skills, knowledge and commitment to be college and career ready.
Our mission is to prepare students for post-secondary education and career options by fostering a culture of achievement, developing critical thinking skills across all subject areas, instilling a sense of commitment, and creating a community where everyone belongs.
SCHOOLWIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES
- Students will be able to apply math skills to real-world phenomena and problems.
- Students will be able to use academic language in all subjects to support analysis for specific purposes and audiences.