Xavier, Michael, Sarah, Joseph
All About Elie Wiesel
- Born September 30, 1928 in Sighet, Transylvania.
- Died July 7, 2016 in New York City, NY.
- Won a Nobel Peace Prize in 1986.
- Survivor of Auschwitz (Holocaust).
- A-7713 tattooed on left forearm.
- Author of 60 books.
- Journalist in Paris and NY.
- 1972, Professor at City College of NY.
- 1976, Professor at Boston University.
- Wiesel's kabbalah was Moshe the Beadle, the idea Moshe teaches him is to resonate through the book Night.
Elie Wiesel's Family
- Wife- Marion Wiesel
- Mother- Sarah Feig
- Father- Shlomo Wiesel
- Sisters- Tzipora, Hilda, and Beatrice Wiesel
- Son- Shlomo Elisha Wiesel
- Grandfather- Doyde Feig
- Grandson- Elijah Wiesel
- Went through holocaust with his father, separated from mother and sisters
- Father died in Buchenwald by being beaten by German soldier.
- Mother and sister also died during the holocaust.
- Older sister Hilda and Beatrice survived, later reunited with Elie.