Too many teens are commiting suicide for small reasons and it needs to end. Many teens are aware of suicide, but it's never really taken seriously.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in teens according to the CDC.
- The risk of suicide increases dramatically when teens have access to firearms at home.
- Overdose using over-the-counter, prescriptions, and non-prescription medicine is also a common way teens attempt or complete suicide.
- Girls think about and attempt suicide two times as often as boys.
- Boys often complete suicide four times as often as girls because they use more lethal ways of doing it, (firearms, hanging, jumping) .
Amanda Todd's Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicide, Self Harm
It needs to end.
For many teens, suicide is talked about jokingly, but it is way more serious than that. It is truly disgusting when someone "jokingly" says to "kill yourself." too many teens think about suicide when they shouldn't. Teenage suicide needs to end.