Is Global Warming natural or man made?
Global Warming began in 1997 when humans began to notice it, but some say that it began before humans learned to burn wood. Scientists say that every 100,000 years the earth will warm up and then go into the ice age. Global Warming however is being sped up and whether it is natural or not we need to do something.
Global Warming is causing the sea levels to rise!
- Because of global Warming the poler ice caps lost 5 trillion tons of ice since 1992.
- The Greenland ice sheet is losing 290 billion tons of ice a year.
- The IPPC (The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) says the ice caps are melting so fast the sea levels are rising 3.4 mm a year.
We could all die of carbon dioxide poisoning!
- Studies show that the co2 in the atmosphere is rising.(see graph)
- All of the co2 comes from the cars and factories we build.
- The earths population also will cause us to build more factories which means more co2.
Humans are not the only ones who will suffer from global warming!
- The penguins need the cold weather to survive. Studies show that some colonies will go from 3,000 pairs to 575 pairs by 2100
- The seals need the cool water currants to bring food. No cool water currants = no food.
- If the seals die the poler bears and orca will have nothing to eat.