Crockett ECHS Cougar Chatter
As we approach the end of the third week of school, I am forever grateful for how our Crockett Community has come together to support the success of our students while we begin our in-person school year during a pandemic. While there have been a few hiccups along they way and we still have some vacancies to fill, we have seen many positive events that have happened since the beginning of school. Our students engaged in our PRIDE Core Value Lessons about Peace, Resilience, Integrity, Diversity, and Engagement during every class the first two weeks of school. Students are happy to be back with their friends and new relationships are being formed. Students are thrilled to have in-person assistance from their teachers. Cross Country, Tennis, Football, and Volleyball have all had a great start to their athletic seasons. Cheer, Band, Athletic Trainers, Yearbook students, and Texanns were all on the field last Thursday with football. Rigorous instruction and writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization and reading are happening in the classrooms. And, today, we are having our first spirit day!
All the while, we are also still maintaining in-person school while being in stage five. For safety reasons, we are needing your help with the following:
- encourage students to bring water bottles
- send students with masks that properly fit their face
- do NOT send your students to school if they are sick or waiting for a COVID test result
- if your student is not vaccinated and is at home due to direct contact or tested positive for COVID, you must notify the front office (512-414-2532)
If your child needs to be quarantined, they will access their learning in BLEND and email their teachers for a tutoring time to work through any questions they may have.
Thank you for your grace and patience as we spread our wings, skills, and knowledge in this new era of education.
Future Important Dates:
September 6th: Student & Staff Holiday-Labor Day
September 9th: Back to School Night-more details below
October 11: Staff Development, Student Holiday
October 26 :PSAT Day
November 22 - 26: Thanksgiving BreakDecember 13: C DAY
December 14: 5th and 6th Period Finals
December 15: 1st and 2nd Period Finals
December 16: 7th and 8th Period Finals
December 17: 3rd and 4th Period Finals
December 20: January 3 - Winter Break
AustinISD 2021-2022 School Calendar-English and Spanish
The district’s draft facility assessment reports and Educational Specification updates are ready for your feedback!
¡Los informes de evaluación de las instalaciones del distrito preliminares y las actualizaciones de las especificaciones educativas están listos para recibir sus comentarios!
Learn about the district's planning process.
Visit https://bit.ly/3DntgJ2 to learn more about how these documents fit into the district’s long-range planning process—which will help determine which improvements and new facilities are included in our next bond!
Visite https://bit.ly/3sPBTHk para obtener más información sobre cómo estos documentos encajan en el proceso de planificación a largo plazo del distrito, lo que ayudará a determinar qué mejoras y nuevas instalaciones se incluirán en nuestro próximo bono.
Austin ISD School Reports
Consulte los informes de nuestra escuela visitando www.austinisdplanningtogether.com
y complete el formulario de comentarios a más tardar el domingo 26 de septiembre.
Crockett ECHS Back to School Night
Thursday, Sep. 9th, 5:30-7pm
5601 Menchaca Road
- We are so excited for Back to School Night so you can chat with your child's teachers about their learning this year.
- This year, we will have an 'open house' style Back to School Night. Parents will visit the teachers they want in any order; parents can choose to go to whichever classrooms they wish; and, lastly, parents will visit each classroom for less than 15 minutes.
- Due to safety reasons, we will not have our traditional gathering in the PAC or gym prior to releasing parents to classrooms.
- Parents will view student schedules on the Portal (there will be a table on the Red Walk around the Courtyard to assist parents with viewing schedules).
- Student volunteers will be around the building to assist parents with finding classrooms.
- There will also be some clubs and organizations set up for you to visit as well.
- For parents that are uncomfortable coming in-person, teachers will leave a message on their BLEND pages which parents can access from home.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Exciting News!!! The Sideline Store is open Friday, September 3rd!
Here is the link to the store: BSN Sideline Store for Crockett ECHS.
Families- Real Talk in a resource available to you at anytime. See flyer below.
Junior Achievement Webinar
Does your student need help planning for college? Are they unsure of what they want to do once they graduate? Do you feel they are financially prepared to be adult? Do they struggle with stress management?
Sign them up for the JA Alumni Webinar Series 2021! We will have four, 1-hour long webinars (general advice, mental health, and financial literacy), September 12th, September 19th, and September 26th from 5-6PM. Students will have the opportunity to learn from professionals and current college students questions. Some panelists include Yvonne Espinoza (independent college counselor), Lex Stewart (career coach), Donald Scott II (entrepreneur), Judge George Thomas (Austin Municipal Court Judge), Jenna Mejia (Business Executive) and Sabah Ali (UT Austin senior, future med student).
All students who register and complete the post survey will be entered into a drawing. We have TONS of prizes some of which include a free college coaching session with renowned independent college counselor Yvonne Espinoza, a free therapy session with therapist Loren Lomme, a free career coaching session with career coach Lex Stewart, and 2 $25 gift cards to P.Terry’s!
To sign up visit this link: https://forms.gle/j94Uqye9DpYnYyVB6
For more information visit our website: https://www.jacentex.org/ja-alumni
See you there!!
Congrats to our Cheerleaders for earning leadership positions!
Need tickets to the game?
*Mask Required and clear bag policy is in effect at all AISD stadiums.