Crockett ECHS Cougar Chatter
As we approach the end of the third week of school, I am forever grateful for how our Crockett Community has come together to support the success of our students while we begin our in-person school year during a pandemic. While there have been a few hiccups along they way and we still have some vacancies to fill, we have seen many positive events that have happened since the beginning of school. Our students engaged in our PRIDE Core Value Lessons about Peace, Resilience, Integrity, Diversity, and Engagement during every class the first two weeks of school. Students are happy to be back with their friends and new relationships are being formed. Students are thrilled to have in-person assistance from their teachers. Cross Country, Tennis, Football, and Volleyball have all had a great start to their athletic seasons. Cheer, Band, Athletic Trainers, Yearbook students, and Texanns were all on the field last Thursday with football. Rigorous instruction and writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization and reading are happening in the classrooms. And, today, we are having our first spirit day!
All the while, we are also still maintaining in-person school while being in stage five. For safety reasons, we are needing your help with the following:
- encourage students to bring water bottles
- send students with masks that properly fit their face
- do NOT send your students to school if they are sick or waiting for a COVID test result
- if your student is not vaccinated and is at home due to direct contact or tested positive for COVID, you must notify the front office (512-414-2532)
If your child needs to be quarantined, they will access their learning in BLEND and email their teachers for a tutoring time to work through any questions they may have.
Thank you for your grace and patience as we spread our wings, skills, and knowledge in this new era of education.
Future Important Dates:
September 5h: Student & Staff Holiday-Labor Day
September 8- 9th: 9-12th Picture Day; Re-takes TBD
*These pictures will be used to produce student IDs that will be available 2-3 weeks later.
September 8th: Back to School Night!! (5:30-7pm) https://www.smore.com/a2qed
September 27-29th: Senior Picture Day; Re-takes TBD
*see Mr. Tucker in RM 10 to set an appointment for Senior portraits
October 7th: Early Release
October 9th: A Day
October 16th: B Day
October: 14th: Staff Development/Student Holiday
November 21 - 25: Fall BreakDecember 22-23- Staff Development/Student Holiday
December 26-January 6th: Winter Break
Crockett ECHS Back to School Night
Thursday, Sep. 8th, 5:30-7pm
5601 Menchaca Road
- We are so excited for Back to School Night so you can chat with your child's teachers about their learning this year.
- This year, we will have an 'open house' style Back to School Night. Parents will visit the teachers they want in any order; parents can choose to go to whichever classrooms they wish; and, lastly, parents will visit each classroom for less than 15 minute.
- Parents will view student schedules on the Portal (there will be a table on the Red Walk around the Courtyard to assist parents with viewing schedules).
- Student volunteers will be around the building to assist parents with finding classrooms.
- There will also be some clubs and organizations set up for you to visit as well.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Thank you to TDM for donating to a few GoPros, a Glidecam and a tiny drone among a couple other things! It was super cool for them to reach out and offer to donate to our school! Our AV Production and Digital Audio students are thankful!
Crockett Early College High School