Educator for the Future PD Day
January 19, 2016
Announcements and Reminders
We have a full day of learning activities planned. This flyer contains all of the information you need to know about the Educator for the Future PD Day.
Visit the C & I Google Site for more detailed information about your PD Day
- Go to www.hpisd.org
- Click the Staff link at the bottom of the screen
- Click C & I Google Site, which requires you to log-in with your HPISD email account.
- Bookmark the site.
- Or use this link https://goo.gl/rUoM8Z
All HPISD para-professional and professional staff will meet at HPHS for their Educator for the Future PD Day. Read the updates and reminders below to be prepared for the day.
Things To Know Before You Go
- Know your Break-Out session names, times and locations by checking your schedule in Eduphoria. Instructions for checking your session are below.
- Breakfast will be provided by Praying Parents at 7:30 and the Student Panel will begin at 8:00.
- Sign in legibly for each break-out and the Reflection session and
- Take the online survey attached to the Department or Campus Reflection session by Friday, January 22 at 4:00 p.m. to receive credit. Instructions for taking the survey are below.
- Review the Reflection document share by your principal or department head to help frame your learning. This document will be used during the Reflection time with campus or departments.
Educator for the Future PD Day
Tuesday, Jan. 19th 2016 at 7:30am-4pm
4220 Emerson Avenue
Allow ample time for parking.
Eventzee Scavenger Hunt
- Download the Eventzee App
- Create an account
- Scan the bar code to access the scavenger hunt
- Scavenger Hunt will be open Tuesday morning 7:30 am.
- Door prizes will be given to top finishers
Checking Your Schedule in Eduphoria and Taking the Survey
You can look up your sessions and locations in the “Course Registration” area within the Eduphoria Workshop using the link http://goo.gl/3NgBkH
Sign in using your HPISD sign-on and password
Choose “Course Registration” in the upper left corner, if not already selected
View the January 19 courses in which you are registered to the right of the page at the top, under the section “I am registered for. . .”
- Make notation of your sessions with the times and room numbers and have it with you Tuesday for your convenience.
Surveys are accessed via the “My Portfolio” section of Eduphoria Workshop. Click the campus or department Reflection, they select the Survey tab. The data from these surveys is always reported anonymously. Please let us know your honest thoughts on the session. The information is used to develop future professional learning opportunities.
Other Professional Learning Opportunities Going on in HPISD Today
New teachers will meet at MIS/HPMS and continue their learning from the August New Teacher Academy, also focusing on the Educator for the Future profile. You should have received an email with a pre-read for the Skilled Assessor session and a Blendspace and questions to complete with your students for the Designer of Instruction session.
Clerical staff will have the opportunity to participate in workshops and sessions designed to meet the needs of their work. Clerical staff should have received a separate email from Judye Gremm with information about their sessions and registration instructions.