Ms. Schmidt's Classroom News
February 8, 2016
What are we learning?
- Word Problems
- Addition and Subtraction Strategies
- Reading fiction books and identifying character traits and feelings
- Persuasive Writing - Book Reviews and Persuasive Letters
- The Sky - Sun, Moon Earth and Stars
100th Day of School
- Jewelry Making
- Stop Animation
We are in need of a few volunteers to help every Friday from 8:20-9:20. Please let me know if you are available to help! Thanks!
Learning to Sew
Students are learning how to sew with Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Phillips.
Robotics and Computer Programming
Students are learning how to use robots and program them.
Look at the beads our students are making. Next step, bracelets.
Tip of the Week
There are many ways your can support this development at home. Here are a few ideas for you to try with your child:
- Write a letter to your favorite author, athlete, movie star. You never know they might write back.
- Write a letter to a family member and mail it to them, even if they live close by. Getting mail is fun!
- Keep a journal. Write in it a couple of times a week describing your daily adventures and feelings.
- Write a story retelling your dreams.
February 12 - Last Day to Order Memory Books
February 12 - Valentine's Day Celebration - Don't forget your Valentine's cards.
February 12 - Valentine's Day Dance - PTCO Event - Flyers went home in student folders
February 15 - Scheduled Make-Up day for January 22nd Snow Day.
February 17 - Digital Learning Day
February 22 - February 26 - Engineering Week
February 23 - Progress Reports
February 25 - Skate Night
February 26 - Uniform Free Day