CALVIN PARK WEEKLY UPDATE
January 27-31, 2020
Be the "I" in Calvin and help to make our school even better!
Labour Update - LDSB Elementary and Intermediate Schools Closed on January 29
Child-care centres located within Limestone schools remain open. Early ON programs remain open. If in doubt, please contact your provider directly. Community use of schools within Limestone schools continue as scheduled. Users will be notified directly of any changes.
Teachers represented by ETFO may choose to picket outside Limestone secondary schools. They are legally permitted to do so. We ask that those required to cross picket lines be courteous and respectful. We are hopeful that the parties at the central table are able to reach an agreement soon. The Board will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.
Please check the LDSB website for more information.
GRADE 8-9 TRANSITION INFORMATION
January 26-February 1 is Family Literacy Week
BELL Let's Talk Day is Wednesday, January 29th
THIS WEEK at CALVIN PARK January 27-31, 2020
Monday, January 27 - Day 1
- 6:00 pm - School Council Meeting in the Calvin Park Staff Room. New members are welcome!
Tuesday, January 28 - Day 2
- 9:00 am - Girl's Inc Group
- 1:00 pm - Queen's Rise visit to 8A
Wednesday, January 29 - Day 3
- SCHOOL CLOSED
- BELL Let's Talk Day
Thursday, January 30 - Day 4
- Pizza Sale postponed
Friday, January 31
- PA Day - no school for students
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER:
February 3 Term 2 begins
February 5 Eco-Schools Workshop for Social Justice Club Eco Group
February 5 6:00 pm - "Choices at Calvin" Information Night for Grade 6 students and families
February 10 am - Lasalle SS Visit
February 17 Family Day holiday
February 26 Pink Shirt Day
How to Report a Student's Absence Using SafeArrival
There are 3 ways to report a student's absence. These options are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please do not call the school directly to report an absence.If your student is marked absent and the absence hasn’t been reported in advance, our new SafeArrival system will attempt to reach the student’s priority contact by telephone to confirm the absence. If our system is unable to reach the designated contacts, school office staff will follow up. If your child will be late, please report them as absent using one of the options below and then, when they arrive at school, they need to check in at the office and their attendance will be changed to LATE.
1. School Messenger App
a) Use your mobile device to download and install the free SchoolMessenger blue app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, the SchoolMessenger website portal, or from within the LDSB mobile app.
b)The first time you use the app, you must select Sign Up to create your account. Please ensure you use the same email address your student’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account, or may not be able to see the "Attendance" option. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system.
c)Select Attendance, then Report an Absence.
2. School Messenger SafeArrival Website Portal
1. Visit the SchoolMessenger website portal.
2. The first time you use the app, you must select Sign Up to create your account. Please ensure you use the same email address your student’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account, or may not be able to see the "Attendance" option. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system.
3. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
2. School Messenger Toll-Free Telephone
1. Call 1-855-257-9349 toll-free to report an absence using the automated phone system.
2. Follow the prompts.