Creative Cooking Italian Recipes
Emily's Pictorial Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
This it the Italian recipe for fried mozzarella sticks that I used in creative cooking class in March 2013. I chose this recipe because I absolutely love mozzarella sticks. The pictures below show the creation of the mozzarella sticks from start to finish.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 quart of oil for deep frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package of mozzarella cheese
12 inch skillet
1. Mix eggs and water in a small bowl.
2. Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl.
3. Mix the flour and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
4. Cut the cheese into pieces about one inch thick.
5. In a large skillet or large heavy sauce pan, heat oil to 365 degrees.
6. Dip each cheese stick into the flour mixture, the egg mixture, and then the bread crumb mixture and then place them into the oil until golden brown. This should take about 30 seconds for each.
7. Serve warm, and enjoy!
These mozzarella sticks were really good! They are one of my favorite foods. One thing I would have done differently would have been to get a little more of the grease off of them before we ate them because that ruined the taste a bit, but other than that it's a great recipe!