The Nashua News
We are also excited to be hosting Student Led Conferences on February 1st from 4:00-6:00 pm. This will be an Open House format, so feel free to come and go anytime during those 2 hours. Our STARS have been working very hard collecting exemplary samples of their work to show off.
As I say every month in this newsletter, it is an honor to serve as the principal of Nashua Elementary. Thank you for trusting us with your STAR learner every day! If you have any questions about what is happening in our classrooms, please contact your child's teacher. They are always happy to answer any questions you might have.
4-6 pm Student Led Conferences
1st Grade Field Trip
3:05 pm Early Release
3rd grade Swim Screening
1:30 5th Sock Hop
2:00 K-4 Spring Parties
6:00 pm PTA meeting
Papa Johns Night
6:00 pm 5th Music Program and Strings Performance
Read Across America
Calling all Kindergartners!
February PTA News
· PTA Meeting on February 20th at 6 PM in the Library - all are welcome!!
From the President:
We are well into the second semester and have several exciting things planned for the second half of the school year!
Nashua is an amazing school and community. Each and every person (teachers, staff, parents/guardians, and community members) invests their time and effort into our kids, and it is evident every day. Our PTA functions well when we have all of our positions filled. Unfortunately, we currently have several vacancies - both for the remainder of this school year and for next year. If we are unable to fill all our vacancies, we may be forced to cancel or significantly reduce some of our favorite events. This is where we could use your help!
Please take a second to view our open positions on our website. If you see something you'd be interested in helping with (or if you have other ideas!), please e-mail me and we can figure out the best place for you!
Thank you again to everyone who is already volunteering and helping to make Nashua the wonderful place it is!
· Spring Party Leaders needed for February 15th. All materials and instructions provided, no prep time needed, just show up and take charge. Sign up at bit.ly/NashuaClassVolunteers.
· Yearbook Photo Reps needed for these classrooms. Take pictures at class parties, field trips, etc. Sign up at bit.ly/NashuaClassVolunteers.
· You don't have to be a yearbook rep to submit photos - if you take photos at any Nashua events, we'd love to have them! You can submit them online or use the yearbook app - see instructions at bit.ly/NashuaYearbook.
· Nashua Spring Book Fair will be February 26-March 2, 2018. More details to come.
· 2017-19 Family Fun Night Chair (elections as soon as we have a volunteer)
· Spring 2018 Kindergarten Roundup Chair
· Spring 2018 Mercury Gym Nights Chair
· Spring 2018 School Board Advocate
· Spring 2018 Staff Appreciation Committee Members (2 needed)
· 2018-20 Book Fair Chair (elections at March meeting, training available during Spring 2018 Book Fair)
· 2018-20 Treasurer (elections at March meeting)
· 2018-19 Restaurant Nights Chair
· Spring 2019 5th Grade Sock Hop Chair
· Job Descriptions: bit.ly/NashuaPTAContact
· Contact Robyn Tuwei at email@example.com if you are interested or have questions
Family Fun Night:
· Family Fun Night Game Makers needed! FFN is on May 4th - set up at 4:30 PM. Make a game for one of these classrooms for Family Fun Night. Sign up at bit.ly/NashuaClassVolunteers. More info about Family Fun Night at bit.ly/NashuaFFN.