The Triangle Observer
Your Source for Local Events, Fun, and Real Estate News!
434 Kevin Way
4,201 Square Feet!
4028 Hugh Davis Road
Over an acre lot!
1900 Trailwood Heights Lane #104
Great Investment Opportunity!
Fun Fact: The Time Square New Year's Eve Ball came about as a result of a ban on fireworks. The first ball, in 1907, was an illuminated 700-pound iron and wood ball adorned with one hundred 25-watt light bulbs. Today, the round ball designed by Waterford Crystal, weighs 11,875-pounds, is 12 feet in diameter and is bedazzled with 2,668 Waterford crystals.
6 Reasons to Buy a Home in 2016
- Interest rates are still at records lows! Barely reaching 4% in many cases!
- Rent has skyrocketed! Stop paying someone else's mortgage payment!
- Home prices are stabilizing! Time to negotiate for the price you want to pay!
- Down payments don't need to break the bank! USDA = 0% down! FHA = 3.5% down!
- Mortgage insurance doesn't have to be overwhelmingly expensive! Talk with a lender about the benefits of an FHA Loan!
- Major Tax Benefits! Deduct all monthly interest you pay in 2016!
Get in touch today to start your 2016 New Home Search!
Winter Comfort Food! Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced white onion (about 1 small white onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 1/4 cups (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices (I prefer fire-roasted)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- optional toppings: tortilla chips/strips, diced/sliced avocado, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or pico de gallo
- Heat the oil in a large stock over medium-high heat. (To save time, peel and dice the onion for the minute or so that the oil heats.) Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until cooked and translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute until fragrant. Stir in the masa harina and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in half of the chicken stock, and stir until completely combined. Add in the remainder of the chicken stock, and stir to combine. Immediately add in the chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, green chiles, salt and cumin, and stir until combined. Continue stirring occasionally until the mixture reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the soup does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Then stir in the cheese, one handful at a time, until combined. Taste, and season the soup to taste with salt.
- Serve the soup warm with desired toppings.
Make Your Own Snow!
Mix 2 cups of Baking Soda
1/2 cup White Suave Shampoo!
Be prepared for 3/4 FUN and 1/4 Messy!
Start 2016 Off Feeling Refreshed! West Domestic Offers Home Detailing! Green Products!
West Domestic Home Detailing offers a deep clean at a very reasonable price. Kendal and her team are a joy to work with and provide a professionalism that surpasses the norm.
Take that extra time for yourself this year and let go of the tasks that do not bring excitement to your day!