October 13, 2021
NEW STAFF MEMBER
LCS FAMILY FALL FESTIVAL
If you are in need of picture retakes, you must email Karen Huttenga to let her know by today -- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retakes are this Friday.
All picture orders submitted on paper order forms are due this Monday, OCT. 18. No paper order forms will be accepted after Monday. Online orders will be accepted through Tuesday, Oct 19. You may still submit orders online after Tuesday, but a shipping/minimum order fee will be included.
FALL LCS GEAR SALE
NOVEMBER HOT LUNCH
Hot Lunch Ordering for NOVEMBER begins TODAY! Please order all of your child’s lunches online, using the Family Portal in Facts/RenWeb. Use the login information you created for enrollment and follow the instructions below. The menu for November is attached to the newsletter and can also be found on the website – http://legacycs.org/current-parents/hot-lunch-menu/. All November orders are due by Wednesday, Oct. 20, by 3:00 pm!
1. Go to RenWeb.com
2. Click “login” in the upper right corner and select ParentsWeb login. (Legacy’s district code is LE-MI)
3. Enter your username and password to access your Family Portal.
4. Click on “student” in the column on the left side of the screen.
5. Click on “lunch”.
6. Click on “Create Web Order”. (If you have multiple children, it will bring up all children. Please make sure that you do not complete an order for any preschool or Young 5’s students.)
7. Indicate a “1” in the column of the lunch you wish to order for each day. Remember, you may only select ONE of the lunch options – entrée, deli sandwich or yogurt lunch. When your order is complete for each child, click “order items” at the bottom.
All meals are FREE this school year, so you will notice each lunch item is $0.00. All orders for October are due by Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021, by the end of the school day! Questions? Contact Kim Z – 616-455-3860 or email@example.com.
SIGN UP TO BE A VOLUNTEER AT THE CRAFT SALE!
VOLUNTEER TO HELP PREPARE FOR THE CRAFT SALE!
It’s time to make Banket for the craft sale! If you would like to make dough, or help roll out banket, please contact Mandy Tiemeyer. If you have any questions feel free to email. The date for rolling out is Thursday, Nov. 4, in the evening. Ajtiemeyer10@yahoo.com
ELEMENTARY NEWS AND NOTES
Morning drop off - Reminder for the morning drop off procedure. Students who are brought to school by a parent are to be dropped off next to the gym and they are to walk around to the playground area. If there is a red flag due to inclement weather, they may immediately enter the building. If there is no flag, then they need to stay outside until the bell rings. We are seeing students waiting in the parking lot for friends to arrive. Please instruct your student to make their way to the playground immediately after drop off. Thanks for your help with this!
KEYCARD SALE - Make sure to order your Keycard books on the order form that came home with your student. They can bring that to school and the order will be filled and sent home with them. Thanks for selling!
WEST CAMPUS NEWS AND NOTES
7th and 8th Grade Parents - Next summer (June 7 - 11, 2022) there will be the bi-annual Washington DC Trip. The trip is for any interested 7th and 8th grade students and their families. We will be going with a group from Byron Center Christian. The dates for the trip are June 7 - 11. There will be an informational meeting TOMORROW Thursday, Oct.14, at 6:30 pm. The meeting will be held at Byron Center Christian School. Please come to the meeting if you are interested in going on the trip. Details will be given and dates will be set for signing up for the trip and when the first payments are due. See the attached PDF for further information. Curt DeYoung will be traveling with the Legacy group and Clay Lubbers will be traveling with the Byron Center group. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
MOMS IN PRAYER
Moms in Prayer meets again this Friday, Oct. 15! We will start at 8:10 am, in the elementary conference room located between the computer lab and art room. Any parent is welcome to join us at any time! This week we will be praying for Tammy Vredevoogd, Abby Hendriksma, Brittany Huerter, and Amy Hackert. You are welcome to observe and pray silently or join in and pray aloud. Let's join together to lift up Legacy Christian and our kids to God in prayer.
Any questions or prayer requests for your child or family? We'd love to pray specifically with you. Email Sara Brinks at email@example.com.
STAFF APPRECIATION COMMITTEE
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH THE TRIP PROGRAM
- Anchor car wash in Cutlerville is now under new ownership. They will honor your purchased car washes but ask that you use them up soon. The new owners will be renaming the car wash. They plan to shut it down for a few months starting in Nov/Dec. They are not sure if they will participate with the TRIP program.
- Gift card fundraising is the best way to raise money for our organization and to earn money for your tuition costs! Buy gift cards from your favorite brands to earn on your daily purchases. It's never been easier to create opportunities for what matters most to you. No extra money spent. No extra time wasted. You can apply your TRIP earnings to your tuition account or to any tuition paying school, non-profit, or church. It can also be used for any college, not just private colleges. You can start accumulating funds before your student has started school and grandparents can earn funds to be applied to their grandchild, etc.
How it works:
- · Buy gift cards at face value
- · Earn up to 20% on every gift card you buy
- · Use gift cards at full value for your everyday purchases
Get started: Create an account on the RaiseRight app or at ShopWithScrip.com. An enrollment code is needed to create an account, so please contact Kristin Meulenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can send this to you. Seamlessly check out by securely paying online with a linked bank account or credit card. Have questions? Contact: Kristin Meulenberg - email@example.com
- Its almost disbursement time!! Originally I said they would be ready for pickup on OCT. 21, there is no school on the 21st and no Cash and Carry. So checks will be ready for pick up the following Thursday, Oct 28. If you need your check before the 28th, I can make it happen, just let me know. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any more questions let me know!
If you want information on how TRIP works please contact Kristin Meulenberg or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a copy of the TRIP order form on the Legacy website under "Current Parents" heading, then click on "TRIP".
Legacy Christian School TRIP coordinator
South Christian Boys Basketball Clinics - The South Christian boys basketball coaches will offer Saturday morning basketball clinics for 5th-6th grade boys (8:30 am - 9:45 am) and 7th-8th grade boys (10:00 am - 11:15 am) on the following four Saturdays: 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20. More detailed information is on the registration form link.
Yamaha Clarinet for sale $200. Call 889-7292. Pearl Bell Kit for sale $150. Includes bell (xylophone) & mallets, bell stand, practice pad and sticks for drum, soft carrying case. Call 889-7292.
Discover Calvin Christian: You are invited to attend Calvin Christian High School’s Discover Calvin event, on Oct. 26. Visit https://www.gosquires.org/discover-calvin/ to register for the event and/or watch a short video to learn more about the great things happening at CCHS!
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
14 - 7th/8th Grade DC Trip Info Meeting at Byron Christian (6:30 pm)
15 - Keycard Book Sale Ends
15 - Picture Retakes
18 - Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
18- Picture Orders Due
19 - Fall Family Festival - Elementary Families (5:00-7:00 pm)
20 - November Hot Lunch Orders Due
21&22 - NO SCHOOL/CEA CONVENTION
27 - Teens and Screens - SCHS (7:30 pm)
29 - End of 1st Quarter