The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
February 8th, 2019
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Happy Friday! We have had a great January and we are looking forward to an even better February! We have a packed week coming up. Please check out the notes below for details.
- OPENING NIGHT - GREASE!: Join an outstanding cast and crew for tonight's presentation of GREASE ! The show starts at 7:00pm and tickets are still available at the door. If you cannot join us tonight, come tomorrow afternoon at 2:00pm for our matinee. We cannot wait to see you there!
- STAFF vs. STUDENT Basketball Game: Students are permitted to stay after school on Tuesday, February 12th for our annual event! All students staying after MUST have a parent ride at 5:00pm. **IMPORTANT PARKING/TRAFFIC NOTE: SOUTH parents should come to the back of the school and communicate with your children regarding pick up. North will be using our front lot, so traffic will be tight!**
- WIND ENSEMBLE BENEFIT CONCERT: Join us at 7:00pm on Friday, February 15th for a wonderful night of music! Crossroads South is the FIRST MIDDLE SCHOOL in New Jersey to be selected to perform at the National Wind Ensemble Festival in Indianapolis, Indiana! We are incredibly proud of this accomplishment! Join us to help celebrate our incredible musicians. Tickets at $10.00 at the door.
- AUTHOR VISIT: Author Aisha Saeed is coming to Crossroads South on Thursday, February 14th. Ms. Saeed wrote the novel, Amal Unbound, which is a story of strength and bravery. "You always have a choice. Making choices even when they scare you because you know it's the right thing to do -- that's bravery."
- FEBRUARY IS BLACK HISTORY MONTH: While every day is a day to celebrate our individualities and the accomplishments of all, February is a time set aside to celebrate Black History and to, most importantly, honor the incredible achievements of so many wonderful and groundbreaking role models. This year, our Social Studies classes will be highlighting a person of achievement through videos recording by our students. We have been working for weeks on researching, writing scripts, and recording this "living history" moments to share with the school. Please ask your child who they are learning about! In addition, we will be hosting our after school event on February 28th. More to come!
- SPORTS FORMS PAST DUE: All sports forms for the Spring Season were due to the nurse today! Please submit any lingering forms ASAP to be able to be eligible for try-outs.
- CONGRATULATIONS: Congratulations to our outstanding athletes from the Winter Season. Both Boys and Girls Basketball teams were amazing this season! Our incredible wrestling team concludes their season today. GO VIKINGS! We are so proud of you all!
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Now is a great time to open the conversation with your child regarding his/her appropriate use of technology and the digital profile they are creating on social media. Please remind your children that their behavior online holds consequences. Use these tools for good!
- AFTERSCHOOL: As a reminder, students are only permitted to stay after school if they are participating in a school-sponsored club, activity, or event. This includes students staying as spectators of our athletic program. Please note that they must stay with that event and they are not permitted to go anywhere off campus. Please feel free to call Administration with any specific questions.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students have left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. Thank you for your understanding.
Go to this link for a wealth of up-to-date resources from our School Nurses, Jennifer Duvelsdorf & Janice Royer.
- 2/4 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 2/8 - SCHOOL MUSICAL @ 7:00pm
- 2/9 - SCHOOL MUSICAL @ 2:00pm
- 2/12 - Staff vs. Student Basketball Game (after school) **MUST HAVE A PARENT RIDE**
- 2/14 - Author Visit
- 2/15 - Wind Ensemble Benefit Concert @ 7:00pm
- 2/18 - NO SCHOOL - President's Day
- 2/19 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 2/21 - 6th Grade Trip
- 2/26 - Parent Academy @ Crossroads North 7:00pm
- 2/27 - Book Fair
- 2/28 - Book Fair
- 3/4 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 3/7 - Trimester 2 ENDS
- 3/8 - Trimester 3 Begins
- 3/8 - PATTERNS Assembly
- 3/13 - Nationals Wind Ensemble Trip
- 3/13 - PTO Meeting @ South
- 3/18 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 3/19 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences
- 3/20 - District Band Festival
- 3/21 - International Night
- 3/23 - Social Media Symposium
- 3/26 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences
- 3/27 - One Book Event
- 3/28 - 6th Grade Science Fair