Dragon Roar: August 16, 2020 Week 1
Daring greatly in faith, academics, and service since 1960.
Back to School: Tomorrow, Monday, Aug. 17 at 8:30AM!
Wow. Can you believe it? Here we go into our first VIRTUAL school day for 2020-2021. At the end of this first week, we will survey you on your initial experience. We are all in this together to adapt, learn, and grow while keeping safety paramount. We LOVED seeing you on Thursday and in the carline.
Each week on Sunday evenings, you will receive a Dragon Roar. This is our weekly newsletter that will contain a reflection on the gospel, critical updates, and our school events. Additionally, with needing to update our daily operations in response to COVID, you will also get surveys on here so that we can meet your needs. This week's is a quick start/reminder post-Welcome Back Night to get you ready for Monday. Next week, we will update with Face to Face re-entry timeline, school events, handbooks, and more!
Thank you, Dragons for your love and perseverance. We are all in this together, firmly rooted NO MATTER WHAT!
Ms. Salazar | Principal
Get Ready, Get Set, Let's Go!!
1) Get Ready:
- Regular Wake Up Times/Early BedTimes: We hope you have been practicing your bedtime and wake up routine! We sure have during our past two weeks of in-service. Please keep on practicing a regular bedtime for at least 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Mask Usage: Our virtual learning time will fly by and in-person will be phasing in September. Over the next weeks of virtual learning, if you have not already, get your student used to wearing a mask for extended periods of time and practice proper mask usage.
- Charge your Chromebook or Device and have your learning space ready to go!
- Be ready for patience and perseverance as we work through any connectivity growth needs!
Review School Calendar!
2) Get Set: Review Virtual School Schedule
- The document below includes all live links to get to each of your classes' live streams.
- PreK to 2nd grade, for the most part, will log into their homeroom and stay on the same Zoom channel all day with their electives teachers meeting them.
- School starts at 8:30AM with an ALL school check-in, prayer, exercise, song, and dance! LINK HERE and on Schedule! Meeting ID: 362 174 5604, Passcode: 1960
We are all in this Together!! Ms. Salazar with the Arch Principals!
3) Get Set: Review Virtual Learning Rules and Expectations!
4) Let's Go!!
- Make sure you have accepted into each of your Google Classrooms! Your teacher will post the link to your Zoom in your classroom OR you can click on the Virtual schedule directly to log in.
- If any of your Google Classrooms are missing, please email the teacher directly.
Need Help? Need Team Emails?
5) Let's Go! Let's PRAY together!
Above all, trust in the slow work of God.
We are quite naturally impatient in everything to reach the end without delay.
We should like to skip the intermediate stages.
We are impatient of being on the way to something unknown, something new.
And yet it is the law of all progress
that it is made by passing through some stages of instability—
and that it may take a very long time.
And so I think it is with you;
your ideas mature gradually—let them grow,
let them shape themselves, without undue haste.
Don’t try to force them on,
as though you could be today what time
(that is to say, grace and circumstances acting on your own goodwill)
will make of you tomorrow.
Only God could say what this new spirit
gradually forming within you will be.
Give Our Lord the benefit of believing
that his hand is leading you,
and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself
in suspense and incomplete.
Prayer of Teilhard de Chardin
Saint Monica, PRAY FOR US!!!