Mrs. Platz's Class Newsletter
January 15th, 2016
Monday - No School
Tuesday - A- PE
Wednesday - B - Library
Thursday - C - Music
Friday - D - PE
Your First Grader Has Been Working On...
- using the front and back covers of a book to preview and predict.
- using illustrations in a book for understanding the story.
- learning about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- making action steps for our data wall goals.
- benchmark assessments.
- writing words with the suffix -es and knowing when to add -es to a word.
- knowing when to use the article "an" in a sentence. See if your student can tell you if you would use "a" or "an" when talking about an apple, ice cream cone, or astronaut.
- counting tens and ones to find a two-digit number.
- using drawings to solve problems with tens and ones.
- using tens and ones to make numbers in different ways.
Can your first grader answer these questions?
- Who was Dr. King and why was he an important part of our American history?
- Did Dr. King use any of the 7 Habits? Which ones?
- What lessons could we learn today from Dr. King?
ask, asked, plan, planned, help, helped, jog, jogged, call, called, again, soon, want, into, just
You can practice these words at SpellingCity.com:
Homework packets are coming home on Tuesday. They will be due the following Monday, January 25th (Typo on the assignment sheet - says Tuesday instead of Monday). The packets may be turned in earlier if needed. All students completing work, earn pirate coins and Dojo points for their table! Please continue to have your student write down books on your their 100+ book log.