Top TEN News @ Weston
July 26, 2019 . . . BACK-TO-SCHOOL EDITION!
2. Meet Your Teacher Night is on Wednesday the 31st from 5:30-6:30 p.m. - Tour the building, meet staff, have some ice cream (provided by our PTO) and drop off your student's supplies in the classroom.
3. All K-3 students will be issued an iPad this year. To learn about the expectations please watch this parent info video (approx. 4 minutes long): https://youtu.be/8rDfo4E6yVs
4. School Clinic: Do you have medication that your child will take on a regular basis? Please bring this to the office. Students should NOT bring this in their backpacks. Our office is open daily from 7:00-3:00. Do you have immunization records that have been updated? Send to Mrs. Sara Potter. firstname.lastname@example.org Add Health Dept.
5. Parents can walk their children to class in the morning the first 2 days of school only. Starting on August 5th, once inside the building, students will walk on their own to their classrooms.
6. LUNCH - VISITORS: Visitors can begin eating with students after Labor Day. Thank you for your patience as we are using the first month to get our procedures in order. Be aware that you will need to have a valid ID to eat with your child.
7. Lunch Accounts - Greenfield-Central is once again using www.ezschoolpay.com to put lunch money in your child’s lunch account (there is a small fee and you will need your child’s student number found on Powerschool). If you send money with your child please place it in an envelope or baggie in their take home folder. Make sure student and teacher’s names are listed. Please be sure to keep your child’s lunch account in good standing. Additionally, our cafeteria computer system does not have the capabilities to put a “block” on student lunch accounts for purchasing extra lunch items. You will want to make sure your child is on the same page as you when it comes to spending lunch account money. Reminder . . . . The cafe does not have the ability to give change. If you are buying lunch be sure to have the exact amount. If you must overpay the excess will be applied to the student’s account.
8. Textbook Rental & Supply Fees are due a.s.a.p. Please contact Rene Guzman in our office to schedule payment. email@example.com
9. The Hancock County Health Department will continue to offer walk-in immunizations next week.
The immunization clinics will last from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day over the next two weeks, July 22-26 and July 29-Aug. 3. The health department is located in Suite 150 in the Hancock County Annex, 111 American Legion Place, Greenfield.
Any person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Bring your insurance card. If no insurance, the department will collect a $5 fee. For more information, contact the office at 317-477-1125.
10. Do you want access to our School Calendar? It can be found on the right side of our website and at the calendars page under Parent Resources at http://weston.gcsc.k12.in.us/. You can add it to online calendar by clicking on found at the bottom of the calendar.
July 31st = Meet Your Teacher Night 5:30-6:30
Aug. 1 = First Day of School for all of GCCSC . . . . 7:40 start time
****parents can walk their children to class the first two days only*****
Important Documents can be found at our Weston Website
-and MORE :)
School Supply List
You can bring these items to class on Meet Your Teacher Night
Golden Girls & Jr. Blue Fusion
2019-2020 School Calendar
The 2020-2021 School Calendar can be found at https://www.gcsc.k12.in.us/