The Classroom Connection
Mrs. Jefferson, ELA & SS
Dutch Fork Elementary School: Academy of Environmental Sciences
May 7, 2015
VIP Folders & Assessment Info.
Today's VIP Folder should include:
- Interim - Please keep the Interim and return the signed envelope.
- Graduation Letter
- Parent Survey for Mrs. Jefferson - Please complete the hard copy in the VIP Folder OR complete the electronic survey below. Thanks in advance!
- Letter from Spanish Teacher
- Fitness Gram Reports
- Human Growth and Development Letter and Waiver Form - The content will be taught to boys and girls in separate classes during the week of May 18th. Please read the letter for more information.
- PTO handout
- CRMS Agenda Patron Letter/Form
- Teen Summer Reading Brochure from irmo Branch Library
Tomorrow, all 4th and 5th graders will take the Social Studies PASS test.
Please be reminded of a few simple things that will help your child be
successful during testing:
1. Parents should schedule appointments and out of school activities for another
day. All students will make up tests that are missed.
2. Testing will begin at 8:00 each day. Be sure your child is well-rested and on
time. Avoid a rushed morning or discussions that may upset your child.
3. Have your child eat a healthy and filling breakfast.
4. Parents and students in the building are not permitted any electronic devices
during testing. This includes cell phones, calculators, and watches with alarms.
5. Encourage your child to do his/her best on all days of testing. Eliminate
pressure and send them off with a hug and a smile.
Students are encouraged to check out this website: www.testtakingtips.com to
access ideas about being successful on tests of all kinds and what to do about
getting nervous about tests.
Saluda Shoals Field Experience
Monday, May 11th, 9am-1:30pm
5605 Bush River Road
RSVPs are enabled for this event.