Endeavors Through Our Meditation Process
Jack Schulze and Nick Hansen
Importance of Meditation
Meditation is important because of all the benefits it offers to yourself and others. Daily meditation holds many benefits that you may not notice at first but are able to give you a healthier life if practiced enough. Meditating regularly reduces stress and anxiety, reduces depression, increases alertness, helps lower blood pressure, boosts the immune system, and offers many more psychological and physiological benefits. Meditating also gives you the opportunity to travel into a different state of mind that can be helpful to your psychological health and overall well-being.
Impact on Others
Meditation is said to increase your general well-being, overall friendliness, and uplift your mood. Through our meditation process and 20% project I can confidently say that we have become friendlier people. This has impacted others because since we are friendlier people, we have had the opportunity to pass our friendliness on to others and help to increase other's well-being as well.
Impact on Us
Facts on Meditation
- There are a couple different techniques to meditation, including the Concentrative technique, and the Mindulness technique.
- Meditation increases Gray Matter in the brain which helps the brain age at a slower rate.
- Meditating on a daily basis can help decrease your risk of a heart attack, and can help you overcome anxiety, depression, and anger.
- Meditation has been around since 1500 BCE, and comes from Hindu traditions.
- Buddha helped spread awareness of meditation across the Asian continent at around 500 BC.
- Today, Buddhist and Hindu-style mediation practices are still the most popular around the world.