S9 Faculty Update
News and Notes
- Our first Instructional rounds will be October 20. The school Focus of Practice relates to our effort to improve student achievement on ACT assessments. FOP: Are students able to explain understanding of high level concepts by written or verbal response? Classrooms will be visited during 3rd block. A schedule will be provided.
- We will have a Code Red drill Monday around 9:35.
- Career Prep student will take a field trip Wednesday, October 26. The lunch schedule will change for that day. I will send it a few days before the trip.
- We've had some beneficial Data Meetings recently. Those students who scored Close on Aspire should have a positive change after all the efforts you've put in this year.
- Educate Alabama - Finalize PLPs this week. Review the EA Training Slides for any assistance you may need. Ask questions if you still need help.
- Online S9 Discipline Form. Delete the link from last year and save this one to your desktop. S9 Discipline Form
- Use the Plant Manager icon on your desktop to report any maintenance concerns.
ACIP Goals for S9
- Decrease retention rate from 3.1 to 2.5
- Foster an environment to help students increase their Aspire scores from 8th to 10th grade
- Decrease the # of discipline referrals throughout the school and specifically reduce the percentage made up of African American students
We plan to achieve these goals through a combination of the following:
- Credit recovery , Early Intervention through conferencing with students and parents, providing additional goals and rewards for RTI students and At-Risk students
- ACT Tuesday, rewarding student success in assessment growth and grade improvement
- Mentors for students, Counselors and Social Worker intervention, Communicating with parents and students before major incidents occur