By: Sierra Broadwell
What is a Heart Murmur?
The 'murmur' is a sound of blood flowing that may be passing through a heart valve that has problems. Or a condition is making your heart beat faster, forcing your heart to handle more blood.
- Problem with a heart valve
- High Blood Pressure
- Valve Problems:
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Mitral valve or aortic stenosis
- Aortic sclerosis and stenosis
- Mitral or aortic regurgitation
- Congenital heart defects
- Chest Pain
- Dizziness or fainting
- Swelling or sudden weight gain
- Chronic cough
People that have abnormal heart murmurs the prognosis would depend on the severity causing the heart murmur.