April 8th, 2021
Newsletters for the Week of April 12th
Third Quarter Grades
590-8208 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming at FMS
- Just a reminder that any breakfast food/drinks from home should be finished before getting to school. There is free breakfast and lunch available to all FMS students.
- Stuco Hornet Store will open this week! Wednesday mornings in room 109! It is a fundraiser for Stuco with mainly school supplies.
Cheer open gym for grades 7-12, April 10th and 17th, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm @ FHS
Dance/Color Guard workshops for 8th graders, April 12th, and May 17th
The FMS robotics team will meet on Thursday, April 15. The meeting will be from 3:15-4:30. Make sure you have a plan on how you are getting home. See Mrs. Shrout if you have any questions
Ring Ring--Cellphone Updates
Phones have been a significant problem since January. Below is the update we went over with students this week. If you have a message to get to your middle schooler, you can always call the office.
Student cell phones should be put away at all times.
- If you have your cell phone out during class, you will be asked to bring it in the office for the remainder of the day.
- If you refuse to turn in your phone, your parent/guardian will be called to pick up the phone (and possibly you if you are disrespectful) and it will be turned in the remainder of the week.
- If it continues to be a problem, you will not be able to have your phone with you at school.
- If the teacher allows you to listen to music, you can use your Chromebook.
Phones can be used:
- at lunch
- in the hallways during transition
- before and after school
- on projects with teacher approval
This begins each day at 7:50 and ends at dismissal.
Monday, May 3rd and 10th for our virtual students
Tuesday, May 11th-Math for 6-8th grades
Wednesday, May 12th-ELA for 6-8th grades
Thursday, May 13th-Science for 8th grade
Thank you for working to get students here each of these days. Virtual students, more information will come soon on details. Thanks!