North Coast SPC Conference
February 25th and 26th - 2016 - Bulletin No 1.
Venue - Toormina High School
Determined to make a positive difference to the lives of young people!
Conference Agenda - 1st draft
Our first professional gathering for 2016 is coming up soon. This is an opportunity to meet and learn with colleagues from Secondary, Central, and K-12 schools from communities as far south as Bulahdelah and extending as far north as the Tweed Coast.
Toormina High School will be hosting the event on the Thursday and Friday. Following is a link to a draft agenda but in summary we hope to have a chance to explore:
- Local and regional issues affecting secondary schools
- Principal Performance and Development Plans
- Impact, evidence and school improvement
- Suicide prevention and responses
- Hot topics
- Updates from SPC
Click on the link (below) to the more detailed first draft of the program and give us your feedback.
There is an option for local meetings to occur on Thursday morning. Please let David Silcock know if your local group wants to meet.
We want a conference that builds on collaboration and examples of works from you as school leaders. When you look at the agenda note we are calling for people to contribute to forums. Please let David know if you are able to contribute to one of these forums.
You will need to arrange your own accommodation for Thursday night (and Wednesday night if travelling down earlier). There will be a small cost for catering for the two day conference.
Early next week I will send out more information about:
- Cost of attending the event
- Information about possible accommodation venues in Sawtell
- Information about Thursday night dinner
- MyPL details
In the meantime can you please:
- Ensure the dates are in your calendar and start to make travel arrangements with colleagues
- Look at the draft agenda and provide feedback via the link at the end of the agenda
- Indicate your intentions re attendance via the registration link at the end of this flyer.
There is a link at the end of the program which we take you to a suggestion/feedback form. The team from Sydney doing the presentation on youth suicide is already booked.