March 11, 2021
A Note From Mrs. Mathe
As a reminder, there will be no school Friday, March 12th. It is a staff development day. Then the following week is our spring break! I hope you all have a wonderful spring break, enjoy the warm weather, and we WILL be back in school after the break on March 22nd.
The Friday after we return from spring break, March 26th, students will take their spring photos and our kindergarten students will take kindergarten graduation photos. Proofs will be sent home mid-April. More information to come about how to purchase these photo packages.
In Case you Missed Dr. Null's Update
- 00:07:25 – Recovery After the Freeze
- 00:07:45 – Celebrations
- Community Support
- Plan to open next year with no restrictions.
- 00:11:40 – 2021 Graduations
- 00:13:45 – Percentage of Students Learning In-Person
- 00:16:30 – Staying Open
- 00:18:55 – Looking Ahead to 2021-2022
- 00:22:00 – Reflecting on Our Reopening Plan
- 00:27:45 – Where We Are Today
- 00:30:20 – What We Agree On
- We are tired of the pandemic and masks.
- We want normal.
- We want our students to be safe.
- We want school open.
- 00:34:30 – How the Mask Decision Was Made
- Reviewing the Executive Order & TEA Guidance
- Consultation with local officials
- Feedback from District advisory groups including:
- PTO/PTA Presidents
- School Health Advisory Committee
- District-Level Planning & Decision-Making Committee
- Reopening Committee
- 00:46:50 – Why the Mask Decision Was Made
- Keep schools open.
- Follow the Governor’s recommendations and expert opinions.
- Quarantine rules have not changed.
- Protect our workforce.
- 01:02:00 – What We Can Do
- Allow small groups of parents and volunteers back in schools.
- Plan on-campus activities including kindergarten graduation and fine arts performances.
- Masks are optional at outdoor events.
March 12: No School
March 15-19: Spring Break!
March 23: Boosterthon Fundraiser Kick Off
March 23: Torchy's Taco spirit night
March 24: 3rd grade math benchmark
March 26: Kindergarten graduation and spring pictures
March 26: Report Cards sent home
April 1: Boosterthon Dance-a-Thon
April 1: Kindergarten egg hunt
April 2: No School
April 6: STAAR Writing- 4th grade
FROM MRS. NIXON
Positivity Project Focus- Love of Learning
Powell PTO News
Our main fundraiser for the year, Boosterthon, will kick off after spring break, March 23rd! Keep an eye out in your child's backpack for more information next week!
We are looking for individuals who want to help our PTO organize our Powell Elementary School Fall Carnival, in October 2021 - please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an interest in helping out!
Remember to follow us on Facebook at Powell Elementary PTO for the latest and greatest information from your Powell PTO!
Collins PTO - Incoming 5th Grade Parents
Collins PTO needs your help! If you are interested in serving the students and learning community of Collins by serving on the PTO, please email Wendy Brueckner at email@example.com. Below are the openings for the 2021-2022 school year.
Mitchell PTO - Incoming 5th Grade Parents
Greetings Buckalew, Bush, Galatas and Powell Families,
It’s that time of year to start creating a slate for the Mitchell PTO Board for the 2021-2022 school year. Our Nominating Committee is looking for candidates to fill our Executive Board and Committee Chairs.
Attached please find the list of Mitchell PTO Open Board Positions 2021-2022 and more information on the positions and process.
If you are interested or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to any one of us. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Mitchell PTO Nominating Committee
Joanna Altimas, Becky Barton, Becky Harel and Melissa Mignogna
Click to visit the Powell PTO website to stay up to date on school happenings.
Remote Families- SAVE THE DATE
We will have an opportunity for our remote families to come to school to collect their child's Boosterthon t-shirt and prizes. Save the date: March 31st from 12:00- 2:00 pm. A PTO member will be on the bus drive (enter off of E. Capstone Circle) to distribute these items.
Looking for an easy way to support our school?
Remote Families- SAVE THE DATE
FOR YOUR REFERENCE
TUTORING AND HOMEWORK HELP
Teacher's Achieving Excellence
- Log in to Parent Access.
- Click on communication.
- Choose Staff/Teacher excellence from the drop down menu.
- Select the employee to receive recognition from the drop down menu.
- Click create TAE.
- Click any of the pre-populated choices that apply.
- Type any additional comments in the Additional Comment box.
- Click the box labeled Create Teachers Achieving Excellence button.
Student COVID Screening
Please review the information and be sure to keep your child at home if he/she is exhibiting any of the following symptoms.
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Chills or shaking with chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Significant muscle pain or body aches
- Have a new uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing or for individuals with a chronic allergic/asthmatic, cough, a change in your cough from baseline
- Diarrhea, vomiting or abdominal pain
- New onset or severe headache
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
- Or if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results due to symptoms that began less than 10 days ago
Powell Elementary School is committed to creating an environment that promotes academic excellence, and a love for learning. Our goal is to build relationships that empower students, and develop responsible, patriotic citizens, and confident leaders.
CISD Non-Discrimination statement
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.