Watchung Whale Update
October 28, 2021
School Closed November 1 - 5
Governor's Educator of the Year (GEOY)
ALL members of the community (parents, students, faculty, staff administrators, business owners, etc.) are encouraged to nominate teachers and Educational Support Persons to be considered for this honor. CLICK HERE to submit your nomination by November 10, 2021.
We are excited and cannot wait to learn whom will be awarded these prestigious honors at each building. Feel free to share the link with anyone who is not part of Edlio but you believe they would like to participate.
Dr. Frederick D. Williams, Superintendent
Important Dates and events
10/28 - Trunk or Treat,
10/29 - Halloween Parade, Parties
11/1-11/5 - School Closed for all Students
11/17 - 1:00 Dismissal
11/17 - Evening Parent/Teacher Conferences
11/18, 11/19 - 1:00 Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
11/22 - Regular School Day
11/23 - 1:00 Dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences
11/24 - 1:00 Dismissal - NO After Care
11/25 - 11/26 - School Closed for Thanksgiving
Parent-Teacher Conferences - more information to follow soon!
Festive Friday Themes
No Pets Please!
New This Year - Party in a bag!
Thank you to the PTO for these great party bags! After each party the bags will be collected by the Class Parent and will be redistributed to students before the next party takes place. Parents, please do not send in ANY items with peanuts or nuts.
3rd Grade Student of the Month
Congratulations to the October Student of the Month - Addison Iskra, Mrs. Mondero/Mr. Welch's Class.
Veterans Day Celebration 11/12
Community Food Drive/Halloween Fun
Thank you for support and generosity.
- If your child will be absent or late to school contact the Main Office by 9:00 - Please do not use EdLio for attendance reporting.
- If you are picking up your child early from school contact the main office or send email as to what time you will be arriving
- Label your child's belongings with name and classroom number
- Do not send in any medication to school with your child, please contact the Nurse to arrange a time to drop off
- Please do not park in the parking lot across from the school. The lot is for school personnel parking.
- Please pack extra masks for your child.
- All students should bring a nut/peanut free snack to school each day and a water bottle. Our water fountains are not in use; however, there are bottle filling stations located on each floor of the building.
- Meals: School provided breakfast and lunch remain available for the 2021-22 school year at no cost to families. Students who would like a school provided breakfast may enter door #1 from 8:20 - 8:30 am each day. Students who would like a school provided lunch MUST tell their classroom teacher each morning so that we have the appropriate number available. We have many students that are unaware of their lunch plan and have not been placing the order in the morning. Please check the district website for the daily menu.