by Jacob Shephard
(Deep American author and historian)
Who is Gandhi? Is he a "Tragic" Hero?
A tragic end to an important hero of India.
What is a Tragic Hero?
- A person who has greatness and shows nobility.
- A person who is not perfect, has flaws, and is elevated higher in society.
- The downfall of this person is usually his or her fault and is caused by there tragic flaw.
- They don't deserve to die.
- The Hero teaches us audience an important lesson.
- Can leave us in a state of sadness and depression.
How is Gandhi a Tragic Hero?
The Downfall is his fault...sadly
This man didn't deserve to die.
A state of depression sweeps across the world.
Gandhi shows us an important life lesson.
-This showed the world that everything in life doesn't need to be solved with violence. He explains that revenge never solves anything and nothing can be accomplished. Gandhi showed the world peace and love in ones heart could solve these problems like the predicament in India in the early 1900's.
-This showed the world that there are many obstacles and people in your life that can effect you negatively, but there is always a peaceful solution. Don't let a few problems ruin your life.
Gandhi is sent to jail
Gandhi is put in jail for many years just for speaking his mind.
Gandhi's last speech
This was Gandhi's last speech declaring independence before his death
Gandhi praying for peace
Gandhi prayed to his god everyday to end suffering and violence in his country.