Cryar Cat News
August 16, 2020
Online Learning and Attendance...
Whew! We had an awesome first three days of school! We appreciate all of your support helping make sure that your students were logging in daily and completing assignments. Please remember that students must engage/participate in learning in their Canvas course daily. If a student is not engaging, teachers will contact the student or parent. Any student not engaging in daily learning will be counted absent. If a student is unable to join a scheduled lesson, they may view the recording/lesson materials later that day.
The week of August 31st, we are excited to welcome those students who have chosen to participate in "In Person Instruction." They will attend, in person one day that week, according to the alphabet. Please see the graphic below to determine when your student will come to school for their one day that week.
Click above to be directed to the CISD Roadmap to Reopening document. This is a live document that is constantly being updated to reflect the policies and procedures for the 2020-2021 school year.
To ensure the health and safety of all students and staff and in accordance with recommendations and guidelines from the Texas Education Agency, all students should be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Each week, you will receive an email containing a health questionnaire for screening your student for COVID-19 symptoms. If you respond YES for your student on either question, please keep your student at home and notify the campus administrator or campus nurse.
- Breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside at every campus for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Curbside Meals will no longer be free for all students.
- Meals will be available on the bus ramp (or designated location) at each school Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 AM-12 PM.
- Multiple meals will be distributed on pick up days. Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/ 2 lunch meals Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/ 3 lunch meals
- A student meal card located in Parent Access must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- No change will be made for cash transactions- any change will be applied to student's meal account. Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com .
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the child nutrition website. https://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/ .
- The drop date for students to use Free and Reduced benefits from last year is September 24. After this, students will be a "paid status" until a new application is completed.
- Parents can go online to complete a Free and Reduced application for the 20-21 school year. www.myschoolapps.com
- Pre K students are not automatically free this year. An application is required.
- Child Nutrition will deliver Student ID cards to each K-12 campus by August 14 for students to use for meals during in-person instruction.
- Cards will have notches to be attached to lanyards if needed.