Digital Media Newsletter
October 13, 2016
Digital Media Arts Club Meeting
For more information, contact Ayana Haaruun (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tuesday, Oct. 25th, 12pm
Leeward Community College, LC-102
Do you know what classes you need to graduate? Come to this workshop to see how STAR can help you get ready to register. Presented by Stuart Uesato, Counselor.
Tuesday, Oct. 18th, 1-2:30pm
GT-105, Ka-ala Room
Presented by David Nisthal, MSW Education Coordinator with SATC.
Presented by Love Pono as part of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Hopefully by this point in the semester, you’ve found a nice routine for yourself. That being said, this is not the time to let yourself get lazy. Remember that college and your education is important and use these 7 tips to stay motivated:
1. Do the work anyway. Just do it! Don’t fear failure or criticism. If you have an assignment or have to study, get it done. It can be that simple.
2. Don’t wait for permission. Take the initiative and work on doing things that will improve yourself. Push yourself without waiting for your teacher to tell you what to do.
3. Turn self-doubt into a positive. Use the negatives in your life to remind you what you can do to improve yourself. If you get a bad grade, don’t just toss it aside and forget about it, use it as a learning experience and see how you can do better next time.
4. Slow down your expectations. College is a long journey, and every day is a step towards your goal. Take things one day at a time and take advantage of each day. You’ll get there, but focus on the present.
5. Focus on what you truly want. Remember and constantly remind yourself of your goals and use that as motivation to keep going.
6. Keep a daily progress journal. Setting daily goals is important for keeping track of everything you need to get done and also allows you to feel rewarded at the end of the day when you see how much you’ve accomplished.
7. Tackle the hard stuff. Taking care of the biggest obstacles in college, such as an exam or large project, can be overwhelming as you won’t always see immediate results. Take a step by step approach and you will be able to accomplish the task. Overcoming these larger challenges will make other tasks seem even easier.
For the complete article and even more tips, click the following link: