Mrs. Rehan's News
December 4th, 2015
READ, READ, READ! Don't forget to put it into your December reading log.
- Your kiddos have a bag that they will be bringing home with books on their levels inside! I will change the books periodically and adjust them based on their new reading level. Please keep track of the books they bring and make sure to send the bags and books back to school each day!! I am SO proud of how far they have come this year and I am excited to share that EVERYONE is reading on grade level at a level B or higher!! That is something to celebrate, WOOHOO!!!
- Raz kids is also a great website to access at home that I shared with you all at parent teacher conferences. To log in use the teacher username rehan0bp and their password is their birthday (ex: 09192010) https://www.kidsa-z.com/main/Login
- All of these can be entered on their monthly reading logs. Your support from home is paying off!!
Dates To Remember
- December 17th -Polar Express Day
- December 18th- Holiday Party 9:30- 10:15 Early release @ 12:30 (you may sign you child out after the party)
- December 18th- January 4th- Winter Break
This week we started our Jan Brett author study. We spent the first couple days exploring her books and made noticing of things that she does as an author in a lot of her books. We will be studying her until winter break and doing a lot of fun activities surrounding her books! Feel free to explore her website with your student and watch the videos or let them do some coloring pages! http://www.janbrett.com/index.html
We are continuing our unit on opinion books. We have started writing our second and third pieces and they just keep getting better! We focused on. This week we spent more time on the structure of our books to make sure we are using capitols correctly, adding punctuation, putting spaces between our words and much more! Our publishing party will be Wednesday!
This week in math we practiced counting by 10's and 5's, we explored the 100's chart and looked for patterns, and we also learned a fun new game called top it!
All of quarter one and two sight words should be reviewed
This week our youth friend Coach Roy came in and read us a holiday story and passed out gifts to us! We really enjoyed our time with him and always loves when he comes to visit!!!