Full Board Meeting Minutes
Please read carefully since we aren't meeting this week!
Week in Review:
Wednesday Tapa Night at KAC starting at 7:00pm
OUR WEEKLY MEETINGS WILL NOW BE HELD IN COPELAND 112
Office Hours by appointment.
No FB this week because of the Super Bowl- you're welcome.
Case went super well last weekend. Thanks to all of you who volunteered you're time and attended or worked the conference. Extra thanks to those who stood out in the cold.
Katrina and the OUAA
Legacy Scholarship- Apply online! You are eligible if either your parents or grandparents graduated form OU. It's a $1000 reward which is pretty cool!
HC theme is....
"All roads lead home"
Upcoming Dinner with 12 Strangers: Kelee Riesbeck and Jo Walsh Cobb
Kelee Riesbeck graduated in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism. She returned to Athens in 2000 with a husband she met in Bentley Hall, three kids and a dog. She works at Advancement Communication and Marketing, writing and producing stories for Ohio Today and ohiotoday.org and coaching ACM student writers. She also creates gift proposals for OHIO’s development officers and serves as the account executive for the Office of Gift Planning. Kelee has two children in college (one at OHIO) and one a senior in high school.
Kelee’s mother, brother, sister, both sisters-in-law and two nephews attend or graduated from OHIO. Her hobbies are junk shopping with her husband, watching movies with friends, running, collage work, reading and watching her children thrive.
Jo Walsh-Cobb graduated in 1991 with a degree in education from the Patton College of Education. While in Athens, she learned the hard work and magic of being a 'grown up'. Post graduation, she married her college sweetheart and moved to northeast Ohio. She has taught every K-8 grade and preschool and also spent time as an adjunct teacher. She is the mother of two current Bobcats on the Athens Campus and one future one!
Melissa and Membership
New Members coming soon...
Kate and Communications
WE HAVE A MEDIUM RAIN JACKET FOR SALE
Let Kate know if your interested. Still $35. Still Medium. Still running a little big. Still Awesome.
Here is the link to the view only document for the hats.
Hats are $10, featuring an adjustable brass buckle, dark green fabric, and white embroidery across the front. They're ordered, no changes will be made to orders. If your name was on the document at 11:59 pm on Sunday January 24 you will be required to pay for your hat. Thanks for all the interest guys! They're going to look super cool!
Hats will be handed out at our next FB meeting. Please bring you're money to pay Hannah.
We have two extra that will be sold on a first come first serve to the two people who have money to pay Hannah.
Water bottles are 32oz Nalgenes featuring some to be determined design. May be dark green, mint green, white, or possibly other colors.
Hannah and Finance
- Dues are past due! If you haven't paid them, I will be sending an email reminder to you before next week's full board, but please try to put aside $30 if you need to! Points will be frozen if you do not pay/talk to me by next week. And nobody wants that, so please, pay me. Or email me! I'm an understanding person.
- I will be using my super nifty (and nerdy) random number generator to choose the incentive program winner next Sunday!! Remember the winner will be able to get money back, not have to pay next fall, or put money towards swag.
- Speaking of swag, pay me for your hats! $10 will be due on March 6th. That's a full month away- plenty of time to save up $10!
New Incentive Program
Now how three options. You may choose to get your money back for spring semester, not pay for next fall, or you may choose to put your money towards apparel items (that means free stuff). Please note that if you paid for both semesters in the fall you are eligible for the incentive program this semester as well.
Sorry guys, forgetting is no longer a valuable excuse to be included in the incentive program. Hannah will however still be lenient with valid reasons as to why you are late, but you MUST let her know what's up.
Payment of all items is due 2 weeks after receipt.
Phil and Alumni Engagement
- DC Networking App is CLOSED! Selection will be made soon
- Make sure you’re communication with your mentor if you have one!
- Sign up will be going around next week if you would like a mentor, but did not have one last semester
Sierra and Professional Development
Office hours: Thursdays, 3:00-5:00 in CSC
Committee meetings: Mondays @ 5:00 in SAB office
PUBLISH ON LINKED IN- such a great opportunity to gain visibility
If you have any inclination to write, or anything experiences you think would be great to share.
USED LINKED IN TO NETWORK- you don’t even know how great of a tool it is.
Seriously. Linked In. Seriously.
- If you're interested in publishing for LinkedIn, please let me know! You get 2 points AND visibility from professionals! What more could you ask for?
Mini mentor sessions- let sierra help you learn to network. She really wants to get to know you.
- Don't forget to hit me up for a mini-mentoring session! You'll receive a point, professional advice, and you get to hang witcha girl, Sierra
Leadership retreat happening in March. Allan McMillan will be peaking and he's great, so search him and watch some videos of him speaking. Mark your calendar for March 20th!
- Advice Corner: Read more! And I don't just mean tweets and Instagram captions, but actual books and articles that interest you. You'd be surprised how much you can learn and it gives you some time for yourself
"The resources are still there"
Allison and Student Outreach
Looking into some changes to GTS for next semester.
Let Allison know about your ideas and suggestions to make this even better than ever!
- points for Get the Scoop and #WhyWeSAB are up. Contact me with questions!
Feb. 18 from 5:30 to 8:30
Save the date! Baker Birthday Bash
1 shift will be mandatory. The event is a collar with ISU, UPC, and BSCPB.
I'll be sending out a sign-up this week via email and I'll pass it around again at the next full board.
- Before the Baker Birthday Bash, there will be a Unity Walk led by the International Student Union (ISU). It starts at 4 p.m. from your respective college's building, or you can meet up with everyone else on College Green. A campus conversation will follow the walk in Baker Ballroom. I'll be sending around a sign-up for this as well, so sign up if you're interested! Let me know if you have questions about this as well.
Follow us on your social media accounts!
Facebook: Student Alumni Board
Alysha and Fundraising
You will receive a point for your submission. The winner will receive a $50 gift card for Amazon.com.
You have until Feb 15!
Amanda and Philanthropy
FYI- If you attend an additional volunteer op, you will be offered a point. This is retroactive to past opportunities you may have attended. To prove your attendance you can take a picture at the event or send her a copy of a ticket, program, etc. Anything to show you were there. This si necessary to earn your point.
Check out the Powerpoint for an extra volunteer opportunity!
Emily and Internal Activities
Appetizer "tappas" night at KAC Wed Feb 10.
Bring yourself get a point, bring a tappa get a point.
- Sign up for Tapas Night: Point for coming and point for bringing a Tapa https://docs.google.com/document/d/11hSwXLObFVGIxx_aESVSYay5duVBCeD6bydzbVcCBVg/edit?usp=sharing
- Sign up for Bachelor Night: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vT1pLbpLnybcoBdQSh6s0f-QHpnG3Tm2xjy6y5V0eZs/edit?usp=sharing
- Senior Stories link! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10uIoAsQvqVZs6cHpZDtaxycp1BVoKxd25U7iuZM4no0/viewform?usp=send_form
Will be held March 11 at Eclipse. Details coming about shuttling.
The theme? A night at the Oscars.
Justin and Member at Large Info
Office Hours Monday from 9-11am
Let him know if you have important things going on in your life or in your friends lives. He will send them wishes of luck, congratulations, etc at meetings!
Amanda has an internship opportunity in CBus. Good Luck girly!
His contact info: