Jesse Boyd Elementary~~~ December 3, 2018
Greetings from Dr. Rose
We hope that you are your family enjoy this season.
Play Things a Plenty Spirit Night
Thursday and Friday, December 6-7th.
Feel free to share with your friends and family on your social media accounts.
Duty Free Lunch Sign up for Deck the Halls
We also need parents to volunteer to set up/ clean up and to bring goodies. You can sign up using the link below.
Jingle Bell 5K
Last Collection for Boosterthon
Last week we sent home the inclement weather forms.......little did we know we were drumming up SNOW!!! While the possible event may or may not have an impact in our area, it is important that we get those forms back in order to be prepared for any early dismissal.
Those inclement weather sheets will help us in the event that school closes early due to weather or any other event. We know these days can be confusing so we have the following procedures that we hope will help get all of our students home quickly and safely in the event of a school closing.
1. Should school close early after arrival, you will receive a phone call and an email. The information will also be posted on our Facebook and Twitter feeds as well as the school's website. This information will also be announced on media outlets such as TV and radio. Please DO NOT call school and ask if school is closing. School closing is not made at the school level and we promise to call you as soon as the decision is made to release school early.
2. In most cases, we will have lunch for students prior to dismissal.
3. Our teachers use the inclement weather sheet that was filled out to ensure your child gets home in the manner you filled out on that sheet.
4. During our dismissal process, students will not be dismissed from the main office. The office will be locked prior to dismissal.
5. School buses and most day care vans will pick up on early release days and if indicated on your inclement weather sheet, students will be sent home on the bus or day care van.
6. Because teachers are busy getting students fed and packed up, teachers will not be able to check email for any changes to the inclement weather sheet.
We sometimes start school late due to cold temperatures or road conditions. Normally these are two hour delays but on the rare occasion we have a 3 hour delay. The 2 hour delay is simply that, we will run everything 2 hours later (except dismissal time). On a 2 hour delay:
-If the delay is decided upon the night prior, you will receive a phone call and an email as well as postings on Facebook, Twitter and the school's website. We will not call you after 9pm or before 7am.
-If the delay is decided in the early morning hours, please stay tuned to email, Facebook, Twitter, the school's website, and your local media. We will not do an all call in the early morning prior to 8am.
-Buses will pick up 2 hours later than a normal morning. Sometimes buses will not run on streets that are too icy and dangerous.
-2nd-5th grade car loop will open at 9:15am.
-K-1st grade car loop will open at 9:30am.
-School start time will be 9:50am.
-Should temperatures be below 30, safety patrol students will not need to be on duty and carline may be a little longer than usual.
We also may experience school closings due to weather. Whenever possible, district officials make the decision to close school the night before the closing. If decisions are made prior to 9pm the night before the closing, you will receive a phone call. No phone calls will be made to your home after 9pm or before 7am from JBE. Information will be emailed, posted on our Facebook, Twitter,and school website. If the decision to close school happens in the morning, the information will be posted on the school's website, Facebook and Twitter, and you will receive an email. No phone calls will go out prior to 7am. All information on closing will also be on media outlets such as TV and radio.
As always the safety and security of our students, staff, and families is of the highest priority when these decisions are made.
Car Line Reminder
The car line is an exceptionally wonderful place to offer all those last minute encouragements to your student before their day starts.
We thank you for helping our car line be as safe as possible.
2nd grade Families
Dates to Remember
December 4-14: MAP testing
December 6-7: Play Things a Plenty Spirit Days
December 11: Bulldog Chorus concert 6pm
December 12: Spelling Bee
December 13th: Strings Concert at SHS -5:30pm
December 14th: All Pro Dads-7am
December 17-21: Deck the Halls
December 19th: Pajama Day....Polar Express Day
December 21-1/2 day dismissal *lunch will not be served*