School Bus Safety
- Have a safe place to wait for your bus, away from traffic and the street
- Stay away from the bus until it comes to a complete stop and the driver signals you to enter
- Make sure that the bus driver can see you and that you can see the driver
- Stay seated on your bottom, faced-forward at all times
- Walk to get on and off the bus
- When exiting, walk five giant steps away
- Always walk in front of the bus
- Feet on the ground (or dangling)
- Stay seated until bus comes to a stop
- Remain silent while at railroad crossings
- Keep hands and feet to yourself and inside the bus
- Only touch your belongings
- Use kind and appropriate language
- Noise level should be a 2 or lower
- Obey driver and adult directions
- Do the right thing even when no one is looking
- Phones should not be out
- Food should not be eaten while on the bus
- Alert and adult, if inappropriate behavior occurs
- Pick up any trash and properly dispose of it
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
**From this point forward, per our Baugo Police Chief, you will only be allowed to turn right when exiting the Intermediate during drop off and pick up times before and after school.***
- Parking lot speed limit is 5 mph at all times.
- Begin by pulling up to the most forward point, a staff member will be present to direct.
- Drop off your student between the sidewalk past the handicap parking and the end of the sidewalk on the south side past the mailbox.
- If you have not reached a drop off point, continue to the farthest point to keep the line flowing.
- If you are in the front of the line, pull all the way to the end of the sidewalk.
- Drop-off should take no longer than 30 seconds.
- Please make sure your child or children exit the car on the right hand curbside.
- Cars will move all the way through the line. DO NOT PASS ANOTHER CAR, in the event a child exits from the wrong side of a car, this puts students at risk.
- Double parking is not allowed.
- In the morning, students need to arrive between 8:30 and 8:45. There is not supervision prior to 8:30.
- If you drop off after 8:45, your student needs to enter at door A2.
- DO NOT PICK UP STUDENTS IN THE BUS LOT
- Please do not allow or encourage your child to walk to meet you at your car, unless you are in the designated drop-off or pick-up area.
- Pull all the way to the end of the loading zone, end of sidewalk on the south side past the mailbox to pick up.
- If someone other than parent is picking up, that person needs a driver's license for identification purposes.
- Encourage your child to enter your car quickly and safely.
- Refer to personnel as they direct traffic. If a car is waiting on a student who has not arrived, use caution when passing and pulling out of the lot.
- Our student resource officer will be notified of violations of procedures.