Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Thought of the Week!
Thought this was appropriate...it suits Brian to a T.
Reminder of the Week ....
Humor of the Week
"If you put paint on a wall, and it doesn't stick, you wouldn't put another coat of the same paint on the wall." Brian Chace
Prayer Requests June 2, 2013
- Ed- sell house, traveling to Savannah this week
- Hiep and Lisa- please pray that sons, Stephen and Jimmy, accept Jesus
- Brian- going to Florida week from today for bloodwork to prepare for another bone marrow transplant
- Lisa and Danny- Daniel and Noah need to be tested on Tuesday for school
- Walters- stress in house
His Hands and Feet
May 23 ~ Kim and Tammy
May 30 ~ Carman and Pam
June 6 ~ Lisa B. and Emily
June 13 ~
June 20 ~
Summer Ministry Opportunities
- June/July (date TBD) provide Brian and Xan a romantic evening dinner cruise for their anniversary
- date TBD - help Anne and Scott with her mother's move
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
"Our unity- united in truth, clothed in grace."
What causes disharmony? Disunity? What's more important...being right or the relationship.
Put the needs of others before your own.
Runaway slave ran to Paul. Paul sent him back with a letter asking the master to take him back and consider him a brother in Christ as you do me (Paul). Also, put any debt of his on my account.
Next Week's Lesson (Let Doug know what you think of the new information.)
Justification: The King Declares Guilty People Righteous
Summary and Goal
In this lesson, we will look at the apostle Paul’s Letter to the Romans as well as a section from the Letter to the Hebrews. In these letters, we learn that justification is an act of God’s free grace, in which He pardons all our sins and accepts us as righteous in His sight because the righteousness of Christ has been credited to us. By faith alone in Christ’s sacrifice, believers are united to Christ and freed from slavery to sin to serve the living God.
Steps to Prepare
Read all of Romans and Hebrews, and then revisit the main passages for this study:
Romans 5:12-21; 8:1-2
1. All people are sinners, born “in Adam” and therefore guilty before God (Rom. 5:12-14).
2. Those who trust in Jesus are reborn “in Christ” and declared righteous before God (Rom. 5:15-21; 8:1-2).
3. Salvation by grace alone frees us to serve the living God (Heb. 9:11-14).
Calendar of Events
- June 8 @ Walters~meet at 9 a.m. Donuts for breakfast snacking; burgers for lunch. Bring sides, drinks, etc. Bring sanders, paint brushes, etc.
- June 20 (THursday) We are providing drinks (NOT carbonated), ice, fruit, and cookies or popsicles for World Changers. 150 Johnston St. City Building
- June 21-22 Wildfire Men's Impact weekend with Jase and Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty and Tim Tebow. See Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org for details/registrationJune 30~Annual CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM 9:00 and 10:45
- Dec. 14 Soup Kitchen