Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | April 8, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
We had a great week back from Spring Break! We sure did miss our students! The months of April and May are always packed with fun activities and learning experiences! We are looking forward to a great Spring at IRE!
The 2nd & 7 Foundation visited our 2nd grade students today. We had Ohio State Student Athletes in the building to talk to our students about the importance of reading and hard work. Such a cool experience for our students!
We have officially started our Ohio State Testing for students in grades 3-5. Our students continue to impress us every day with their hard work and dedication in the classroom! Be sure to check out the details below about our upcoming IRE Family Game Night and Scholastic Book Fair.
Have a great weekend and as always, please let us know if you have any questions or we can help in any way!
- Amber and Marty
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- April 15: NO SCHOOL
- April 18-22: Scholastic Book Fair
- April 19: Hopewell to IRE Student/Parent Q&A @ 5:30pm
- April 19: 2022-2023 KG Parent Information Night @ 6:30pm
- April 21: Dine and Donate
- April 22: PTO Family Game/Bingo Night 6:30-8:00pm
- May 13: Dodgeball @ Coffman HS
Indian Run Announcements
IRE Scholastic Book Fair - Week of April 18-22
- The Scholastic Book Fair will be back in the IRE library one last time this year. Your students will visit the fair during their regularly scheduled library rotations the week of April 18-April 22. The fair is here for only ONE week this time around, so please preview the books together at home and come prepared to purchase the week of April 18-22.
- As a bonus, the Book Fair will be open to parents/students before school the week of April 18-22 from 8:00-9:00am, as well as during the PTO sponsored family game night on Friday 4/22 from 6:30-8:00pm. Please see the book fair website HERE or reach out to Mrs. Ullmer for further questions or details.
Dine and Donate - Taste of Italy - April 21
PTO - April Newsletter
- The Dublin City Schools dodgeball tournament returns on May 13 at Dublin Coffman stadium under the lights.
- In partnership with the Nick Rozanski Memorial Foundation, the tournament will benefit Honor Flight Columbus. Learn more about Honor Flight by visiting the District Dodgeball webpage.
- Interested in donating to this great cause? Send any and all donations to school in an envelope labeled "Dodgeball: Honor Flight"
Be Well - April 30
- Be Well will feature free informational sessions for community members focused on student and family mental well-being. Our registration window is now open! Click here to register for sessions you would like to attend on April 30.
- 8am-1pm @ Emerald Campus
Earth Day Opportunity
- Take a look at this FREE Earth Day event on April 23rd at the Ohio History Center provided by Seeds of Caring that may interest you and your family. This event will run from 11AM-3PM and families are also invited to explore the Ohio History Center for Free during the event. There will be multiple projects available to help kids connect with our natural history, take action to protect our environment, and invest in our planet's future. Activities are geared toward kids ages 4-12 and will include educational scavenger hunts, litter clean-up, reduce and reuse activities, seed balls, gardening, and more! See the Flyer below.
Coffman Girls Basketball Camp
See the flyer below if interested in the Dublin Coffman Girls Basketball Camp
Camp dates: May 31-June 3
5th Grade Families
- See the FREE opportunity below to learn more about the transition to middle school.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is open!
2022-23 Kindergarten Parent Information Night will be in person on April 19th from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Need to update your IRE wardrobe? Check out our IRE Spirtwear options
- Be sure to check out our latest episodes of The Wire.
- - - - - - - - -
Change to High School Schedule on April 13
Due to testing in our high schools on April 13, there will be no working Wednesday schedule on that day. On April 13, all high school students will start their day at 7:55 a.m. and end at 2:42 p.m.
Be Well set for April 30
Be Well will feature free informational sessions for community members focused on student and family mental well-being. Our registration window is now open! Click here to register for sessions you would like to attend on April 30.
Students are invited to attend the Career, Job, & Internship Fair
The Dublin City Schools Work in Dublin Career, Job and Internship fair is set for Tuesday, April 12 at Scioto. The event is at 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and transportation will be provided for students who wish to attend during the school day. This is a great opportunity for students to find a summer job, get started in their career or get an internship opportunity in a field they are interested in. Students attending during the school day must register for the event by clicking here.