Berrien Springs Band News
WMU Schedule and Information
Western Michigan University BAND DAY!
1. Students need to wear their show shirt or a BLACK shirt, athletic shorts (that fit under the uniform) and their drillmasters and LONG black socks.
2. Food is provided by WMU and the BSHS Band Boosters - but if your child has specific dietary needs or wants more food, please send it with them.
3. Students must BRING A WATER BOTTLE. There isn't a drinking fountain at the practice lot, so students need to have water with them. HYDRATE!
4. Parents are welcome to come watch. You will have to purchase a ticket from the WMU Box Office. From the Bronco Marching Band website - "Parents wishing to attend the game have access to a special promotion and ticket price. Visit www.wmubroncos.com and click on “Tickets.” Then in the "Tickets" drop down menu click on "Promotions" and enter the promo code BANDDAY (all one word). These promotion tickets are available for $15."
5. If you are attending Band Day, be aware that WMU has made changes to their bag policy. You can review that policy here.
5. Because the game starts at 7pm, we will not be returning to BSHS until the early hours of the morning. Your student will be instructed to call you when we leave WMU. We are expected to be back to BSHS around 1:15am. Please be available to pick up your student at that time. We apologize for the middle-of-the-night arrival, game-time is dictated by WMU and ESPN.
Saturday, Sep. 15th, 9:45am
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, USA
*Wear your show shirt or a plain black shirt and athletic shorts, and your drillmaster shoes*
10:15am - Leave BSHS
11:30am - Arrive @ WMU - immediately unload instruments
12:00pm - Rehearsal Begins w/WMU
2:00pm - Rehearsal Ends - put instruments away/walk to Dalton Center Square for lunch
*If you do not want the lunch provided by WMU, or if you want to supplement the food they provide, you will need to bring it with you.*
2:30pm - Lunch Served
3:15pm - Begin dressing in full uniform @ trailer
4:00pm - Line up for the "Trek to the Track"
5:00pm - Rehearsal at Kanley Track
5:45pm - March to the Stadium
7:00pm - Kick Off!
11:00pm - Post Game Performance w/WMU
11:30pm - Transition back to trailer
*Pick up booster-provided dinner*
12:00am - (Approximate) Depart WMU
1:15am - (Approximate) Arrival @ BSHS