The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
October 19, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
I hope this finds you warm, after a chilly few days. We had another great week at South. Check below for updated information!
- PTO CLOTHING DRIVE -- SATURDAY: The PTO will be at Crossroads South in the back parking lot accepting donations of clothing. Our school will benefit from every pound collected. Please drop your items between 9am and 12pm.
- NOVEMBER CONFERENCES: This year we will have one day for Fall Conferences. This day is scheduled to take place on Monday, November 5th. The Middle School has set aside a different time window than the High School and Elementary Schools to allow for some additional time for parents with children at multiple levels. Our conference windows are 8:00am - 1:00pm and 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Information regarding how to register and how to schedule times were already sent via email on Friday, October 19th.
- RED RIBBON WEEK: Crossroads South is participating in Red Ribbon Week on October 24th. Red Ribbon Week is a time to remind students to take a stand against substance abuse. The Crossroads South students will engage in drug prevention activities during lunch on Wednesday the 24th with our SAC (Student Assistance Coordinator). The students will be able to make a personal pledge to commit to a drug-free lifestyle. Educational materials will be provided along with an opportunity to engage in discussions about peer pressure situations. We encourage everyone to wear RED on October 24th.
- WINTER SPORTS PHYSICALS ARE DUE: All physicals for Winter Sports are due this week. Please reach out to our Athletic Director, Elaine.McGrath@sbschools.org, or the coach with specific questions. All information was sent in a previous email.
- AFTERSCHOOL: As a reminder, students are only permitted to stay after school if they are participating in a school-sponsored club, activity, or event. This includes students staying as spectators of our athletic program. Please note that they must stay with that event and they are not permitted to go anywhere off campus. Please feel free to call Administration with any specific questions.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students have left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. Thank you for your understanding.
WINTER SPORTS PHYSICALS PAST DUE!
All physical forms were due TODAY! Please send in everything you have ASAP so your child can be cleared by our nurse, district physician, and athletic trainer. Tryouts are just around the corner.
6-12 Athletic Director: Elaine.McGrath@sbschools.org
NIGHT UNDER THE LIGHTS - Football Game
Join us on November 15th for the annual "Night Under the Lights" evening football game against North Brunswick. The game will be held at the SB High School Stadium at 99 Raider Road in North Brunswick. The game begins at 6:00pm and all student spectators must be accompanied by an adult. All proceeds go to benefit the Aubrey Foundation.
- 10/20 - PTO Clothing Drive
- 10/22 - BOE Meeting @ 7:30pm
- 10/26 - 6th Grade Social
- 10/29 - Picture Day Make-ups
- 10/31 - Halloween
- 10/31 - PTO Book Fair/FOOD DRIVE
- 11/1 - PTO Book Fair/FOOD DRIVE
- 11/2 - PTO Book Fair/FOOD DRIVE
- 11/5 - NO SCHOOL - CONFERENCES
- 11/5 - PTO Book Fair - Parent Day/Night
- 11/6 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
- 11/7 - NO SCHOOL - Professional Development
- 11/8 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- 11/9 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA Convention
- 11/15 - "Night Under the Lights" Football Game @ North Brunswick
- 11/19 - BOE Meeting @ 7:30pm
- 11/21 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Thanksgiving
- 11/22 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- 11/23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- 12/3 - BOE Meeting @ 7:30pm
- 12/5 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - School Planning
- 12/6 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Band) @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 12/6 - Trimester 1 ENDS
- 12/7 - Trimester 2 BEGINS
- 12/7 - PATTERNS Assembly
- 12/13 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Strings) @ SOUTH 7:00pm
- 12/17 - BOE Meeting @ 7:30pm
- 12/20 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Chorus) @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 12/21 - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
From our Student Assistance Counselor...Ms. Hankins
Wellspring will be hosting an Athletes and Opioids Kick-Off Event on Wednesday, October 24 at Rutgers University from 6-9pm. All teachers, nurses, counselors, students, and parents - and anyone else you think could benefit - are welcome to attend!
UPCOMING PTO EVENTS!
- APPAREL SALE: The apparel sale is still on. Please visit this link to order ASAP: https://www.agpestores.com/iep/groups.php
- CLOTHING DRIVE: Save and bag your lightly used clothes and bring them to Crossroads South on Saturday, October 20th! The PTO is hosting this wonderful opportunity to clean your closets for the winter while raising money for our school. We are paid by the pound! Please see the Online Friday Folder for specific information regarding this event!!
- BOOK FAIR & FOOD DRIVE: During the week of the Book Fair, the PTO will be gathering food donations for our local South Brunswick Food Pantry. Please send in any canned items, as well as boxes of pasta.