Ada-Borup Elementary Newsletter
December, Here We Come!
Ms. Gunufson's Class of Fruit Loop Turkeys
2020-2021 Attendance Procedures
In-person Learning (at school)
- Teachers will mark students absent if the students are not in the building.
- Absences will be marked unexcused if the office does not receive a written note within two days of the absence (an email will work).
Distance Learning (virtual)
- The expectation is that students will log into their Google Classroom and be “live” on Google Meets for instruction during the day.
- If your child is not able to attend live sessions, please contact the teacher for recordings and classroom expectations.
- All materials and course work must be completed in a timely manner.
- Paper materials must be returned, completed, in order to receive a grade and to be marked present for distance learning.
- In addition, attendance will be taken daily through contact with the classroom teacher.
Thank you for helping us out with this issue!
Guthrie Theater Presents, Dickens' Holiday Classic
The Guthrie Theater will present a special virtual event featuring a cast of four beloved A Christmas Carol veterans who will reimagine Dickens’ hand-curated chapters for our students to enjoy in the classroom.
Wednesdays Distance Learning
If you have signed up for distance-learning meals for Wednesday, the following is the site schedule for pick up. **Please note that meals must be requested by 3:00pm on the Tuesday prior to the Wednesday Distance Learning day.
There will be 5 pick-up locations available for the meal program on Wednesdays. Below is a list of locations and pick up times:
● Ada-Borup School concessions stand: 12:00-12:30pm
● St. Joseph’s Catholic Church Parking Lot: 11:15-11:45am
● Fire Hall Parking Lot: 11:40-12:10pm
● Halstad Living Center Parking Lot: 11:30-12:00pm
● Immanuel Lutheran Church: 12:15-12:45pm
**Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday meals will only be available at the Ada-Borup concession stand from 12:00pm-12:30pm.**
Wednesday, December 23rd- Early Dismissal- Distance Learning
Cougar Focus Winners- Mrs. Boe's Class
Second Semester- Opt-In to Distance Learning