ECS Appy Hour
Did You Know...?
Reading/Literacy Resources for Kids
- Epic - Digital Library for kids under 12. Free for teachers and librarians. Accessible from the computer, iPad, chrome book, and other devices. Here is a quick start guide.
- Storyline Online - The Screen Actors' Guild award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more. There are activity guides to go along with each book as well.
A few Seesaw items I came across...
- Task Cards - You can print these out and set them by the iPad(s) you use for Seesaw.
- 100 Ways Students Use Seesaw - Yes...even Pre-K students!
Seesaw & T-TESS...
If you need to get the link to a specific posting in Seesaw to use for any of your T-TESS evidence, you can do so. Follow these steps and see image below...
- Go to the post in Seesaw.
- Click the three little dots at the bottom right corner of the post.
- Select 'Share Item'.
- Click one time in the box that says 'Share Link' to highlight it in blue.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + C to copy the link.
- Go to wherever you want to paste the link and press Ctrl + V on your keyboard.
Fun Tech Tools for Teachers...
- Emoji Random Writing Prompt Generator - This is a great idea to use to get students to write or tell a story. This blog post tells more about it, but I took this idea and created an activity in Seesaw that allows the student to use the record feature and tell a story from an emoji writing prompt.
- I've mentioned this one before, but it is so good, I wanted to throw it out there again. ClassroomScreen is a great tool for use in the classroom. Find the details and ways to use at this blog post.
- PDF Candy - Free online PDF Editor
- Google Keep - Offers a variety of tools for taking notes, including text, lists, images, and audio. Watch this video for an overview specifically for teachers.
Upcoming Tech PD Opportunities...
- FISD Twitter Chat: Life-Long Learning
Tuesday, April 2nd @ 7:30 p.m.
Click HERE to register in Eduphoria
1 Hour of Non-Contract credit if you participate in #FISDchat
Twitter Chat Tutorial starts at 7:15. Click HERE for Twitter Basics.
- Seesaw PD in Your PJs April Webinar Schedule
- Elementary: Everything Google (Online) - Register in Eduphoria
Whether you are new to Google or have been using it for a while, this class has something for you. This ONLINE class consists of numerous one-hour modules covering various Google skills from Drive to Sites to Add-ons, plus a whole lot more. Everyone will have the opportunity to earn a MAXIMUM of 6 hours of non-contract credit. You will get to choose what Google skills you would like to learn. You will be able to use the Google skills you learn with the students through collaborative assignments and communication. ** Note: If you would like to take more than 6 hours of Google skills credit or if you would like to have more time to work on the modules, please sign up for an additional online Google class.
- Elementary: Everything Creativity (Online) - Register in Eduphoria
Creativity is an important element in a successful, student-centered classroom. This class will be comprised of various modules featuring websites, apps, and tools that support and promote creativity efforts in the classroom. Each module will be worth one hour of non-contract credit. You choose the modules with the creativity tools that you would like to learn about. You can complete from one to six modules. You may only earn up to six hours for this course; if you are interested in learning more, and there is enough interest, this class will be offered at a later date. This class is for teachers and professional staff only.
- Everything Critical Thinking (Online) - Register in Eduphoria
Critical thinking is an important element in a successful, student-centered classroom. This class will be comprised of various modules featuring websites, apps, and tools that support and promote critical thinking efforts in the classroom. Each module will be worth one hour of non-contract credit. You choose the modules with the critical thinking tools that you would like to learn about. You can complete from one to six modules. You may only earn up to six hours for this course; if you are interested in learning more, and there is enough interest, this class will be offered at a later date. This class is for teachers and professional staff only.
As Your Digital Learning Coach, I Can...
- Collaboratively plan lessons with you that integrates technology
- Brainstorm & explore new tools with you
- Examine curriculum to determine how tech can help meet your learning objectives
- Help you Learn a new tool
- Model technology integration with students
- Recommend technology tools to augment lessons or projects
- Troubleshoot & problem-solve instructional issues with you