A weekly newsletter for LVES Parents
May 13, 2016 - Issue 35
Mother/Son "Rock Around the Clock" is Tonight!!
Thank you to the PTO volunteers for organizing this event, along with the other parent volunteers who signed up for various committees. Check next week's newsletter for pictures from tonight's event.
Field Day for 3rd and 4th Grade
Students should wear tennis shoes and comfortable (dress code appropriate) clothes on Field Day, as well apply sunscreen that morning. It would be a great idea to send extra water bottles and a hat with your child that day.
Coach D and Coach Lash are in need of volunteers to help run stations that day. If you are available to volunteer, please click on the following link:
Ocean Week Opening Ceremony
Are You Returning Forms
Student Placement Profile
Friday, May 20th is the last to turn in Student Placement Profile forms. Forms were sent home in last week's Friday folders for current Pre-K through 2nd grade students. This is your opportunity to describe the classroom environment that would make learning successful for your child. Building classes takes a lot of thought and time, and we rely on input from teachers and parents as we build classes. Specific teacher requests will not be accepted, as the focus should be on describing the optimal learning environment.
School Supplies On Sale
If your child is moving to Lago Vista Intermediate School next year (this year's current 3rd and 4th grade students), you will be able to purchase pre-ordered school supplies too. I am attaching the order form to the newsletter.
Lost and Found is FULL
LVISD Monthly Character Trait...
How are you showing Gratitude? Read the Counselor's Corner to find out what students are learning about how to be responsible with Ms. Box.
We are continuing to learn about gratitude this month. In addition to showing our appreciation to our teachers, we have been looking at how gratitude can benefit each of us and make us happier individuals. Research has shown that people who show gratitude on a regular basis reap many benefits. Take a look at what Forbes magazine has to say about the research on gratitude:
1. Gratitude opens the door to more relationships.
2. Gratitude improves physical health.
3. Gratitude improves psychological health.
4. Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression.
5. Grateful people sleep better.
6. Gratitude improves self-esteem.
7. Gratitude increases mental strength.
- Monday, May 16th - Dennis Wagoner
- Tuesday, May 17th - Damon Vaughan, John Jennings
- Wednesday, May 18th - Christopher Schmitz, Paul Thailing
- Thursday, May 19th - KC Crabb
- Friday, May 20th - David Morton
Weekly Attendance Rate
Our weekly attendance goal is 97%.
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Kim Box, Counselor
Gina Carmichael, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
- May 18th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Symphony
- May 20th - Field Day for 3rd and 4th Grades
- May 20th - Ocean Week Opening Ceremonies - 1:45 pm in cafeteria; Kindergarten performance
- May 23rd - 27th - OCEAN WEEK 2016
- May 24th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Inner Space Caverns
- May 24th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Balcones Canyonlands
- May 26th - 1st Grade Field Trip to Crowe's Nest Farms
- May 26th - Learning Showcase, 5:30-7:00 pm
- May 27th - Ocean Week Closing Ceremonies - 1:45 pm in cafeteria - 1st grade performance
- May 30th - Memorial Day Holiday, No School for Students and Staff
- June 1st - Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or pm Pre-K classes
- June 1st - Faculty vs. 3rd Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am
- June 2nd - Last Day of School, Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or pm Pre-K classes
- June 2nd - Farewell Walk for 3rd and 4th Grade Students, 11:00 am
- June 2nd - Faculty vs. 4th Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am