News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- The kindergarten math and language arts rubrics are coming home in Friday folders today. I shared these with you at conferences; they assess the first 9-weeks' skills and give you an idea of your child's progress so far in kindergarten. Since we have moved to semester grading, you will notice I have blocked out the part of the rubric that says "Final Grade". The kids will be receiving an overall reading and math grade on their report card in December that reflects their progress over the first half of the school year.
- Thank you for all of your support of the Bear Share Fun Run! For the first time in history, FMES has exceeded its fundraising goal! We are so excited!
- Chick-fil-a Biscuit Day is next Friday! If your child would like to have a biscuit delivered to class that morning, please send in $3 cash by Wednesday.
- Please see information in Friday folders about the Fall Festival on November 4th!
- Have you checked out all the awesome LINKS that I have added to the bottom newsletter lately? There are tons of activities, songs, Brain Pop videos and more to reinforce what we've been working on in class! These are great for "homework" or fun at-home practice!
- I hope you have been enjoying reading the books in your child's bag book! If you forgot to return them on Friday, please send them back on Monday so we can send home new books next week.
- I so appreciate your help with keeping our classroom books safe!!
Super Reader Parade!
Super Reader, Super Reader, Does whatever a reader can!
Sees a word, any size, reads that word right before your eyes!
Look out! Here comes the Super Reader!
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Reading & Writing
- Reviewing and stregthening all of our super reader powers!
- Sight Words: play on
- Tools Give Writers Extra Powers!
- Count to 100 by 1's and 10's
- Count forward one more from a given number
- Write numbers 0-20
Links to Try
- Circus Measurement: http://www.education.com/game/circus-measurement/
- Clifford Measuring Up: http://pbskids.org/clifford/games/measuring_up.html
- Turtle Diary Heavy or Light?: http://www.turtlediary.com/game/heavy-and-light.html
- Curious George How Tall?: http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/games/how_tall/how_tall.html
- Sid the Science Kid Non-Standard Units: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5751829b94e1a
- Brain Pop Inches & Feet: https://jr.brainpop.com/math/measurement/inchesandfeet/
- Brain Pop Kilograms & Grams: https://jr.brainpop.com/math/measurement/gramsandkilograms/
- Poddle Weigh In: http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/math-games/poddle-weigh-in/
- Sid the Science Kid Fab Lab: http://pbskids.org/sid/fablab_crystalsrule.html
- Dinosaur Train How Big Are You?: http://pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain/games/howbigareyou.html
- IXL More or Less: https://www.ixl.com/math/kindergarten/holds-more-or-less
- Clifford: Flo & Zo Sort It Out: http://www.scholastic.com/clifford/play/sortitout/sortitout.htm
- Cat in the Hat Swirly Whirly Pearl Hunt: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/games/swph.html
Force & Motion
- Brain Pop Pushes and Pulls: https://jr.brainpop.com/science/forces/pushesandpulls/
- Donald Duck Put-Put Troubles: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5767edddad4f1
- Disney Fairies How to Build a Snowman: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5767ee4cd02cc
- Tic Tac Go Game: http://www.learningliftoff.com/kindergarten-science-learning-game-push-pull/#.V2qJuvkrK70
- Magic School Bus Plays Ball: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss576a8a4e33c6e
- The Motion Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss576a8c325fedb
- Harcourt School How Things Move: http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/moving_things/index.html
- Sammy’s Shapes: http://www.primarygames.com/storybooks/sammy/start.htm
- Illuminations Shape Tool: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3587
- Illuminations Patch Tool: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=3577
- Illuminations Tangram Puzzles: http://illuminations.nctm.org/Activity.aspx?id=6626
- Cat in the Hat Great Shape Race: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/games/great-shape-race.html
- Sid the Science Kid Shadow Show: http://pbskids.org/sid/shadowshow.html
- ABCYa Tangrams: http://www.abcya.com/tangrams.htm
- Purpy’s Shapes: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/preschool/ngames/shapes.htm
- Shape Shoot: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/earlymath/shapes_shoot.htm
- IXL Shape Patterns: https://www.ixl.com/math/kindergarten/shape-patterns
- PBS Pattern Matcher: http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/math/games/preschool-kindergarten/pattern-matcher/
Maps & Columbus Day
- Cardinal Directions Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57671454565d6
- Vids4Kids Learn About Maps: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss576561e5edc9b
- Brain Pop Reading Maps: https://jr.brainpop.com/socialstudies/geography/readingmaps/
- Sesame Street Map Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5766ae278455f
- Arthur- Go, George, Go: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/gogeorgego/gogeorgego.html
- Cat in the Hat Mapping Tool: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/games/mappingtool.html
- Columbus Brain Pop: https://jr.brainpop.com/socialstudies/holidays/columbusday/
- Columbus Day song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5766b0bd96e28
- Learning About Columbus Day: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5766b1ea959ee
- “To” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57990f6aebb8a
- “Can” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57990ff464ce3
- “Like” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991046d9acc
- “Me” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991096d629d
- “We” Miss Molly Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoo0GNoHUic
- “Go” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/cp7i9Yv1TRs
- “My” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579911295ec8b
- “See” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991299f101f
- “Here” Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579913071767c
- “Little” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5799135355c6f
- “Play” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss57991398036e1
- “On” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579913c46bee9
- “Was” Miss Molly Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579913fa435bb
- “Said” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss5799142c6f7bc
- “Some” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579914732875d
- “He” Mr. Clown Video: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579914a2e0c4d
- “She” Heidi Song: http://safeshare.tv/v/ss579914d72743a
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **