July 5 - 15, 2014
Come to France on a Spiritual Journey to the Blessed Mother!
Paris, Chartres and Lourdes: Entertaining and Enlightening - An Experience of a Lifetime!
- Day 1 – 05 July (Sat) - Arrival in Paris, France. Upon arrival in Paris, meet your Tour Director at the airport for a group transfer to your hotel. The afternoon is free to relax or explore the city. This evening, meet your Tour Director and your Group Leader, Renée Deubner, and enjoy a WELCOME DINNER at your hotel. (D)
- Day 2 - 06 July (Sun) Paris Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, Madeleine, Louvre, and Champs-Elysées. Visit magnificent NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL, and for a panoramic view, take the elevator to the second floor of the EIFFEL TOWER. Then top off your sightseeing this afternoon with a visit to OUR LADY OF THE MIRACULOUS MEDAL, the site where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure in 1830. Afterwards visit the nearby SHRINE OF ST. VINCENT DE PAUL, where the reliquary of the famous “saint of the poor” lies. (B)
- Day 3- 07 July (Mon) Paris -Excursion to Chartres Travel to Chartres and visit the CATHEDRAL—a masterpiece of gothic architecture, one of Europe’s most celebrated shrines, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as a medieval pilgrimage site dedicated to Mary, the Blessed Mother. Her veil, given by Charlemagne, is believed to be kept there.There will be free time to walk the gardens, spend time in the church, the original Chartres labyrinth, climb up in the steeples, etc…Return to Paris tonight. (B)
- Day 4 - 08 July (Tue) – Paris - Lourdes Today you will travel by high-speed train to Lourdes, one of the world’s most famous places of pilgrimage. Visit the grotto where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858. Join this evening’s memorable rosary and candlelight procession, held every night. (B)
- Day 5 - 09 July (Wed) - Lourdes Start the day attending the international Mass at the Basilica of St. Pius X. Then, join a Local Guide for a walking tour including visits to Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine and St. Bernadette's birthplace and family home. You may wish to experience the powerful healing baths or attend the “Blessing of the Sick.” (B)
- Day 6 - 10 July (Thurs) – Lourdes This morning is yours to enjoy Lourdes at leisure. Perhaps time to experience the healing baths? This afternoon, an excursion to Pic du Jer. (B)
- Day 7 - 11 July (Fri) – Lourdes Today’s highlight is a walk to Bartres with a visit the site of Bernadette. This afternoon is yours to enjoy at leisure or take one of our optional excursions. (B,L)
- Day 8 - 12 July (Sat) – Lourdes-Paris This morning board the high-speed TGV train to Paris. The afternoon is yours to enjoy the City of Light at leisure. (B)
- Day 9 - 13 July (Sun) – Paris Enjoy the morning at leisure. This afternoon, enjoy a special visit to the magnificent PALACE AND GARDENS OF VERSAILLES, built by the “Sun King,” Louis XIV. (B)
- Day 10 - 14 July (Mon) – Paris – Bastille day Your final day in Paris will be a festive one! Use your included METRO PASS to travel throughout the city and view Frances’ most celebrated holiday. This evening join your fellow travelers and Tour Director to celebrate the success of your trip with a special FAREWELL DINNER. (B,D)
- Day 11 – 15 July (Tues) Paris – Depart for home Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. A group transfer will be available to the airport for your homebound flight. (B)
PARIS Concorde Montparnasse or similar
LOURDES Grande Hotel Moderne or similar
10 - Breakfasts (B)
1 - Lunch
2 - Dinners (D)
Sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with inside visits (including admission charges) and special features shown in UPPER CASE in the tour description. Sightseeing with local guides where applicable.
The services of a professional, multilingual Tour Director will be provided throughout.
NOT INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICE
Airport taxes (where applicable), excess baggage, meals not included in attached itinerary, all items of a personal nature such as laundry, cleaning, telephone, telex or fax expenses, beverages including tea and coffee (except at breakfast and at hotel dinners), wines, liquors, soft drinks, etc. and TIPS (except those included for the Tour Director and motor coach driver)
LOCAL GUIDES. Tips for local guides are not included and must be paid while on tour.
PRICING: (Rates are per person, double occupancy –twin rooms. Tips for tour director and motorcoach driver included) $3,394 double occupancy
AIR: Available upon request. Contact Renée Deubner for details
DEPOSIT: $250 per person
FINAL PAYMENT: April 30, 2014
Mother Mary's Journeys
Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Montrose Travel CST# 1018299-10